This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Systems Administrator active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Customer Support - Client Service active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Hardware active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
- Proven experience as systems engineer/administrator (can perform most tasks with no assistance);
- Advanced Linux administration skills (AIX, RHEL, SUSE, etc.) operating system and services (NTP, DNS, SMTP, etc.);
- Experience with AIX administration would be a plus;
- Experience writing medium complexity scripts in at least one language: Bash, Perl, Python, Ruby, etc.;
- Experience with at least one of the following: Jenkins, Chef, Salt.
- Experience working with VMware vSphere/ESX configuration and administration in enterprise environments;
- Good command of networking concepts and Linux network configuration (iptables, NAT, port forwarding, firewall);
- Experience with IT Security Compliance;
- Experience with system management, monitoring tools and directory services/protocols (LDAP, Active Directory);
- Experience providing support in medium to large scale infrastructure environments;
- Experience using ticketing systems;
- General understanding of ITIL/IT Service Management concepts (ITIL Foundations certification preferred) and DevOps
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
- Demonstrated ability and work with global cross-functional teams;
- Demonstrated problem solving, interpersonal, and time management skills;
- Willingness to learn new technologies, be flexible and open minded, results oriented towards highest levels of customer satisfaction;
- Professional certifications (e.g. RHCE, RHCSA, ITIL Foundation, AWS/Azure Certified Architect);
- Experience with configuration management tools, such as Puppet and Chef;
- Experience with GitHub
- Experience with Openshift, CI/CD and Pipeline implementations.
The candidate will join a diverse DevOps team working on Offering definition in Multi-Cloud environments for an enterprise cloud offering hosting customer production workloads.
The team will be exposed to multiple cloud providers specific implementations, as such knowledge of AWS/Azure/Oracle Cloud Infrastructure/Google Cloud services would be a plus.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Automate various aspects of the work - from Agents deployment and configuration, to scripting basic tasks where needed
- Support solution redesign and automation efforts with a goal of make the infrastructure programmable and redundant to failures;
- Working with a ticketing tool (Tasks, Incidents, Service Requests and Change Requests);
- Configuring and troubleshooting customer like deployments on RedHat/Windows/SUSE environments;
- Document of the developments created
- Efficiently communicating within the team and with other stakeholders
- Able to investigate new technologies, document the discovery sprints and propose a way forward on how those could be applied into the existing landscape