Explore Oracle and become our next great hire!
With more than 420,000 customers - including 100 of the Fortune 100 - and with deployments across a wide variety of industries in more than 145 countries, Oracle offers a comprehensive and fully integrated stack of cloud applications, platform services, and engineered systems.
Currently counting over 4100 employees in the Bucharest and Iasi offices, Oracle Romania has been prominently listed as one of the „Most Desired Employers” in the local market over the last 6 years, including the top rank for the past 3 years.
Oracle is a key contributor globally to IT education through its Oracle Academy Program. Oracle Academy currently supports 664 institutions and over 52,000 students in Romania. In 2016 we are training 200 teachers in Java Fundamentals and Java Programming.
Beside key administrative functions for customers, partners and Oracle organizations, Romania is also home for core development centers and teams helping customers to realize successful IT projects. To name a few:
Oracle Product Development
Oracle Advanced Customer Support
Oracle Software Support Services
Oracle Sales Consulting Center
Oracle is constantly recruiting for a variety of departments, looking for talented candidates with both technical and non-technical background. The ideal candidate would be the one with high potential and ability to learn and adapt quickly to a fast changing, innovative and demanding environment. If you’re looking for insight into life at Oracle, explore our culture, or want to join the social conversation, check out our Oracle Facebook Community.
What we will look for you to know
• Experience in system administration with knowledge in automation, networking, monitoring, database or applications at a senior level
• Relevant experience with Terraform will qualify you as a senior team member
• Relevant experience with Python will qualify you as a senior team member
• Experience with at least one of the following: Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Salt
• Experience with at least one of the following (automation): Jenkins, Hudson, Maven, etc
• Experience with at least one scripting/programming languages like Bash, Python, Ruby, Perl, Node.js or Java
• Basic knowledge and understanding of cloud technologies (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, micro-services, Kubernetes, Docker)
• Basic understanding of cloud environments like Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Salesforce.com
• Experience with Agile methodology, using industry standard cloud development practices and dev/ops tooling
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent.
• Willingness to do development activities on specific assignments
• Knowledge of specific frameworks, libraries and platforms (e.g. Eclipse, Maven, ADF, Node.js, jQuery) – nice to have
• Very good written and spoken English
• Soft skills: teamwork, knowledge sharing, self-driven; communication skills – are valuable assets
• Nice to have soft skills: presentation skills
Oracle is seeking a Cloud Engineer (with programming/ sys admin skills) for the Cloud Engineering Team.
Who we are
Subject Matter Experts with experience in development ranging from Infrastructure Automation to Cloud Automation with primary focus on Cloud Migration
What is our mission
Work with Oracle ISV’s (Independent Software Vendor) to migrate their solutions into Oracle Cloud. Create state of the art infrastructure as code for our partners.
Our deliverables are developed using the newest Agile Methodologies with two weeks sprints iterations. Each engagement is tailored to the partner’s use case and available resources.
What you will be asked to do
• As a member of the Cloud Engineering Team, you will actively develop automations for moving ISV workloads into Oracle cloud
• Develop expertise in the Oracle Cloud technology offerings as well as broad know-how around how applications and services are constructed using the Oracle Cloud platform.
• Working with top ISV partners: educating, training, designing, and building cloud computing systems for some of the largest and most important organizations in the world.
• In partnership with the other ISV teams, and working side-by-side with Oracle Cloud Architects offer technical solutions for migrating ISV applications to Oracle Cloud services.
• Create general automation libraries in order to facilitate code re-usability and achieve fast delivery for customers
• Drive end-to-end project implementations from a technical perspective and join the team effort in developing qualitative features and technical deliverables.
• We will encourage you to use a percentage of your working time for personal technical development and career path.
Sounds like the perfect job?
Oracle is a very successful, profitable and leading international IT provider. With more than 80.000 employees, Oracle provides an environment that enables employees to learn, grow and be successful. Specifically related to the pre-sales role in the service center we provide:
An environment that is focused on continuous learning;
Ample opportunity to train on new products and to develop new personal skills;
A combination of deploying technical knowledge and presentation abilities;
A challenging and interesting work environment with the possibility for interaction with colleagues, customers and partners;
Attractive salary and benefits;
Excellent possibilities to develop yourself and your career.
The future is exciting. Ready?
To apply, connect with us and register your CV
Oracle Recruiting: "Continuously selected by our clients as the exclusive vendor of preeminent talent"