Operations Specialist (monitoring) 24x7
Yoursoft Alternative is a fast growing and dynamic company that activates in the IT field from 2009.
Join our team of IT professionals by applying to the position that we have open.
You can also apply by sending your resume to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Fundamental understanding of Windows & Linux Operating System (Server side); for example: understands job control, soft and hard links, and distinctions between the kernel and user space.
• Willingness to learn new things and technologies (middleware, network, storage)
• Good spoken and written English.
• Experience using an enterprise ticketing system (SCCD/Service Now/Remedy/JIRA etc.)
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills; capable of training users in applications, operating system fundamentals, and writing basic documentation
• Understanding of ITIL process with appropriate fundamental accreditation
• Excellent follow up and time control skills
• Ability to work effectively with team members, multiple departments and vendors
• Should be able to mentor junior member of the team.
• Should act as a role model
• Ability to conceptualize problems
• Extremely flexible if workflow is changing
• Communicative competence (pro-active)
• Team player
• Self motivation
• Perform real-time proactive monitoring of servers, databases and network devices
• Perform troubleshooting for diverse technologies based on existing procedures (highly diverse infrastructure environments)
• Accurately log incidents within a ticketing system, documenting symptoms and perform event rating
• Update assigned tasks in a timely manner; escalate as required to management, vendors and clients.
• Monitors multiple logs across diverse platforms to uncover specific activities as they occur from platform to platform.
• Ensure proper escalation during outages or periods of degraded system performance, problem resolution and customer satisfaction.
• Interact with systems engineers, developers and other personnel to quickly troubleshoot, triage and resolve issues
• Develop and maintain positive communications between Global Service Desk, Site Services and IT Infrastructure teams.
• Manage the intake and recording of information to ensure that it is accurate. Continuously evaluate the services provided and capture this information in the department's reports and metrics.
• Create and implement documentation and procedures to for alerting and escalation.
Shifts 24x7 - Morning 06:00-15:00; Late 14:00 - 23:00; Night 22:00-07:00