Sr. NVH Engineer
The Timken Company engineers, manufactures and markets bearings, gear drives, belts, chain, couplings, lubrication systems and related products, and offers a spectrum of powertrain rebuild and repair services. As the leading authority on tapered roller bearings, we apply our deep knowledge of metallurgy, tribology and mechanical systems to improve the reliability and efficiency of equipment, machinery and vehicles worldwide. With more than 15,000 employees operating from 33 countries, our associates and our products keep industry in motion and make the world more productive.Cerinte
• Conceiving, planning and execution of NVH (Noise, Vibration, and Harshness) related R&D projects working either alone or in collaboration with others to address the needs of the business.
• Collaborating with customers and cross-function teams including Application Engineering, Service Engineering, Quality and Manufacturing to identify root cause for NVH issues and develop solutions.
• Participation in R&D projects to develop advanced modelling and testing technologies
• Supporting new product development tactics.
• Conducting sound and vibration measurement and data analysis in the NVH laboratory and at customer sites.
• Maintaining sound and vibration measuring machines and instruments and managing NVH lab activities.
• Mechanical engineering degree or related.
• Relevant working experience (min. 5 years) in Product design/development.
• Background/experience in noise and vibration is highly preferred.
• Coding experience with MATLAB is preferred.
• Ability to write and publish technical reports.
• Excellent ability to communicate (oral & written) in English.
• Ability to work effectively with co-workers and as part of a larger technical team.
• Ability to collect, organize, analyze and interpret large data sets.
• Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and execute project responsibilities.