Technical Support Software Engineer
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Wolters Kluwer Financial Services active
View all jobs Technical Support Software Engineer active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
Wolters Kluwer N.V. (AEX: WKL) is a global leader in information services and solutions for professionals in the health, tax and accounting, risk and compliance, finance and legal sectors. We help our customers make critical decisions every day by providing expert solutions that combine deep domain knowledge with specialized technology and services. Wolters Kluwer reported 2017 annual revenues of €4.4billion. The company, headquartered in Alphen aan den Rijn, the Netherlands, serves customers in over 180 countries, maintains operations in over 40 countries and employs 19,000 people worldwide. Wolters Kluwer shares are listed on Euronext Amsterdam (WKL) and are included in the AEX and Euronext 100 indices. For more information about our solutions and organization, visit www.wolterskluwer.com, follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
In our specific business unit, Wolters Kluwer Governance, Risk and Compliance we possess deep insight into the industry, providing governance, risk and compliance programs and solutions to more than 15,000 financial services organizations worldwide. More than 400 in-house experts - former regulators and compliance officers, risk analysts, lawyers and financial industry specialists – embed their knowledge and expertise in every service or solution so that financial organizations can be confident they are managing their organization's Finance, Risk and Regulation needs effectively. Despite rapidly changing industry conditions, financial organizations can rest assured knowing that Wolters Kluwer is able to invest and quickly respond to market needs, with financial stability for the long term.
Qualifications and Skill Set
• Bachelor’s degree. Students in final years are also eligible.
• 2-3 years of experience in a similar position is an asset.
• A team worker with an outgoing personality.
• Comfortable in explaining and defending his/her ideas, while still able to recognize the merits of others’ opinions.
• Demonstrating commitment and results-oriented.
• Fluent in English, both written & spoken.
• A thorough understanding of a sizeable number of the tools and technologies listed above.
Personality / Personal traits:
• Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
• Team Player
• Organization: Personal organization is a major factor in your success in the Support domain. It comes beside support team methodology.
• Writing capacity: Ability to describe a concern (issue, enhancement, Knowledge Base article, mails in a clear, accurate and synthetic style).
• Assertive, being able to make expert decisions based on personal judgement
The support engineer is assisting financial institutions with the regulatory reporting and whenever issues are encountered seeking for solutions by either applying known workarounds/Fixes or searching for new/better solutions as such should have some of the below:
• Diagnostic ability: Ability to go to the core of the problem;
• Good algorithmic skills;
• Languages: Excellent spoken & written English;
• Database: MS SQL, Oracle and RDBMS concepts;
• Experience with the following programming languages: Java, SQL, C++, VB and VB script, HTML.
• Experience with SQL Developer, VMware, MSOffice, WebSphere and/or Wildfly are a plus.