Senior Business Controls Analyst
GBS (Global Business Services) provides financial, human resources, audit and IT services to the British American Tobacco entities. Our category expertise, large capabilities and international operation makes us a unique business partner who excels in financial leadership and, therefore, offers great shareholder value for BAT.
If you have financial or HR areas background; you thrive when faced with a challenge and you are highly motivated; you want to develop your career in an organisation that will not only recognise the unique attributes you bring but will support your development and reward your contribution,
visit our website @ www.bat-careers.com
- Degree educated with relevant professional Internal Controls qualification (e.g. ACA, ACCA or equivalent, CIA, IIA, CISA).
- 3+ years risk, internal controls and audit experience with significant accounting firm and corporate industry experience.
- Experience dealing with external auditors, statutory and regulatory bodies.
- Experience in global FMCG or similar dynamic operating environment and a good understanding of the tobacco business.
- Good knowledge of internal controls practices, principles and procedures and corporate governance requirements for a global Group, including Internal Controls over Financial Reporting (ICoFR).
- Knowledge of internal controls practices, principles and procedures and corporate governance requirements for a group operating globally.
- Understanding of Risk Management and Internal Controls best practices.
- Knowledge of SOx best practice and testing and reporting approaches.
- Experience in internal or external audit, or other SOx testing of IT or business processes, and able to identify control gaps, provide recommendation to address the issue and conclude testing results independently.
- Experience in managing diverse teams of SOx testers, including active coaching and providing constructive feedback in completion of SOx testing.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate control issues, risk, impact and recommendations to management.
- Organised and structured day to day working style with the ability to effectively multi-task.
Knowledge of BAT’s Internal Audit approach, including testing and reporting practices, and how it can be applied to Business Controls work is preferred.
- Support the development of the overall role of the Business Controls Team as a second line of defence within BAT.
- Lead and manage the planning and execution of SOx design and operating effectiveness testing in line with agreed testing schedules.
- Communicate results of SOx testing to key stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Support Control Owners to develop strong remediation plans and address issues in a timely manner.
- Track and report on outstanding actions relating to SOx findings to key stakeholders and governance forums.
- Ensuring all work is fully documented in line with the BCT Methodology and the SOx Testing process, reflecting current good practice in internal controls.
- Ensuring certain elements of Controls Assurance work is completed in line with Auditing Standards to enable reliance from External Audit.
- Reviewing action plans with management to bring about the necessary improvements in the processes to address the control gaps.
- Providing recommendations to improve the quality of the overall risk management and internal control practices.
- Delivery of training to Control Operators and Owners to support the effectiveness of internal controls over financial reporting across the Group.
- Coordinate or participate the delivery of training to BCT staff to support the global delivery of Internal Controls services across the Group.
- Line management responsibility for Business Controls Analyst, outsourced partners for SOx testing, and Business Controls Team management responsibility for individual assignments (eg. SOx testing). This includes active coaching, timely and clear feedback on their performance and development needs.
- To assist in driving the delivery of the Three Lines of Defence model an Internal Controls Framework within BAT.