Data Science Internship - CrowdStrike
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Jobs from top companies in Romania active
View all jobs Data Science Internship - CrowdStrike active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Internship active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
CrowdStrike is the leader in cloud-delivered next-generation endpoint protection, threat intelligence, and pre- and post-incident response services. With the ability to collect and process over 100 billion events a day, CrowdStrike has revolutionized endpoint protection by being the first and only company to unify next-generation antivirus (AV), endpoint detection and response (EDR), and a 24/7 managed hunting service — all delivered via a single lightweight agent. We are one of the World's Most 50 Innovative Companies according to MIT, and one of Forbes Most Promising Companies. Our growth and innovation are driven by incredible employees who deliver unmatched customer success.
We have received a number of exciting awards including:
- October 2018: 100 Best Medium Workplaces Second Year in a Row by Fortune magazine.
- June 2018: Closed over $200 million, led by General Atlantic, Accel, and IVP, with participation from March Capital and CapitalG (Google), achieving a valuation of more than $3 billion.
- April 2018: CrowdStrike Wins SC Award for Best Security Company Second Year in a RowCrowdStrike is looking to fill a Summer 2019 Internship with our Data Science team working at the exciting intersection of Machine Learning, Big Data, and Security. You will have the opportunity to apply your coding, mathematical and scientific research skills to the bleeding edge of security technology.
You will be able to leverage large-scale rich data to meaningfully improve our supervised learning models and refine our identification of malicious computer software and behavioral threats. CrowdStrike's cybersecurity data is one-of-a-kind: we process over 200 billion behavioral events per day and have over 800 terabytes of malware samples in our research repository. We are a diverse and multidisciplinary team, and you 'll have the chance to broaden your horizons by working jointly with a team of Big Data, Machine Learning, and Security domain experts on hard and impactful problems. We are a late-stage startup backed by Capital G (Google Capital) where you will gain valuable experience in a fast-paced high-growth environment.
- Industry leading compensation
- The opportunity to leverage the AWS cloud stack for extracting features and deploying state-of-the-art ML malware classifiers that learn from extremely large amounts of sample files.
- The opportunity to further develop your Machine Learning expertise and coding skills - we use Python, Scala (Apache Spark) and related deep learning frameworks (Tensorflow, Keras, Pytorch); we use Git versioning control, Continuous Integration and Docker to deploy our models in the cloud.
- Up to 3 months of internship, at the end of which the right candidate will be offered the option of a full-time permanent position with us
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities
- Flexible working hours
- Work directly with Sr. Data Scientists, helping to create predictive machine learning models that help detect and stop today’s most sophisticated threats
- Hone your ability to balance detail-oriented research with goal-oriented business objectives
- Implement and experiment with new algorithms and methodologies to help improve our machine learning models
- Automate and visualize analyses, results, and processes in our machine learning pipeline
- Analytically minded with completed coursework in linear algebra and statistics or equivalent knowledge of applied mathematics
- Hands on in your approach to understanding data and learning about new fields
- Thirsty for knowledge and do not hesitate to step outside of your comfort zone to learn new technologies, algorithms, and concepts
- Comfortable with working in a Linux environment.
**Bonus points**for coursework or previous experience in scientific computing, machine learning or computer security.
CrowdStrike believes that diversity and inclusion among our organization is essential to our success as a global company, and we seek to attract, retain and empower the industry’s best and brightest from a diverse talent pool.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.