Associate Product Manager- Platform Team
The Access Group is a leading provider of business software to mid-sized UK organisations. It helps more than 14,000 customers across commercial and not-for-profit sectors become more productive and efficient.Requirements
• Commercially aware with a good understanding of market drivers and client needs
• Flexible and pragmatic, able to respond to shifting priorities, demands and timelines by using effective analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to think creatively and exploit opportunities
• Excellent communicator able to communicate at all levels and adopt a flexible & consultative approach
• Proactive, works at pace, goal orientated with a strong delivery/milestone focus
• Demonstrate sound judgement, able to make decisions independently whilst recognising when to escalate for more senior approval
• Persuasive, encouraging and motivating with strong interpersonal skills
• Identifies issues early and prioritises appropriately
• Able to grasp technical concepts and new product functionality quickly
• Thorough knowledge of agile development methods, processes and best practices
• Able to work with remote teams
• Work with the Head of Product to provide input to Product Strategies, Roadmaps and Business Cases
• Communicate to the Business Analyst requirements identified as per the roadmap so that they can add the items to the backlog
• Work with the UX team where required to get timely designs for new product items
• Ensure the delivery of work is balanced across all areas of Workspace to ensure stability of the product is balanced with new features
• Use an understanding and appreciation of the market, customer problems and competitive landscape along with research and metrics to inform decisions
• Clearly identify and describe product backlog items in order to build a shared understanding of the problem and solution with the product development team
• Determine whether a product backlog item was satisfactorily delivered
• Ensure transparency into the upcoming work of the product development team
• Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of customers’ business processes and requirements, becoming a product expert, able to do pre-sales demos of all of your products
• Contribute to the development, implementation and execution of launch plans.
• Support sales and go to market initiatives for the existing products, owning the creation of sales & demonstration material, content for lead generation, and presentations/content for user group meetings
• Works with your colleagues to understand the overall portfolio
• Contribute to engagement with clients through Special Interest Groups, User Groups and other events
Access is one of most successful and fastest growing software groups in the UK. On-going commitment to excellence, customers and employees has also placed the company among the UK’s top employers in The Sunday Times’ 100 ‘Best Companies to Work For’ for a number of years.
Over the last 5 years, we have gone from 380 employees to now currently over 1500, through both organic growth and acquisition. Access have a 2022 vision to be one of the top 10 UK Software companies which will create huge opportunity for employees and see us gain even more market share. We now have over 15,000 customers using our software and services, which include SaaS, ERP, finance, HR, Payroll, CRM, warehousing, business intelligence, professional services automation, Health and Social Care, Not for Profit, hospitality and manufacturing.
This role requires an experienced Associate Product Manager to work as part of an established agile development team focused on delivering business value for our Workspace product.
You will develop key systems and use your business knowledge and commercial awareness to drive future enhancements of the business processes and customer facing solutions as well as working with the sponsors and project teams to define project goals, scope and timelines.
Workspace is a fast moving, exciting and innovative product and the applicant needs to be someone who is willing to change direction and focus when required