Security Specialist Managed Services Security CVC
- Job Summary:
This position will have a primary role on the Computer Security Incident Response Team (CSIRT). This includes security event analysis, threat assessment, security incident response strategy and coordinating all cybersecurity-related investigations and incident response in partnership with the respective stakeholders. The Security Engineer will work alongside a highly skilled, diverse team, making sure that the information asset we are responsible to protect is secured.
- Update and Create rules in SIEM tools.
- Vulnerability management
- Perform quick analysis of attacks and threat and follow the predefined process to address the associated risks.
- Analyze Security Incident identified by the monitoring team and prepare strategy for Incident Response (engage Crisis management for critical incident)
- Take ownership of the security incident and work together with operational and technical specialists from other teams where necessary for immediate response & manage them to resolution.
- Contribute towards continuous process improvements by providing inputs on the current processes and possible improvement opportunities.
- Research new and emerging threats to gain insight into the evolving threat landscape and share knowledge with the team.
- Perform periodic reporting.
- 5 to 7 years of experience
- Ability to work at odd hours - out-of-business hours might be needed
- The ability to work constructively under pressure.
- Flexibility and ability to work both in a team as well as individually.
- Able to perform knowledge transfer.
- Customer oriented, Service minded.
- Excellent communication skills
- Good level of understanding of security tools such as Firewall, Intrusion Detection & Prevention System, DDOS Protection and End Point Security etc.
- Very good understanding of public cloud infrastructure (AWS, Azure, Google cloud platform)
- Intrusion detection and prevention systems, penetration and vulnerability testing
- TCP/IP, computer networking, routing and switching
- Very good knowledge in data loss prevention techniques and tools.
- Secure coding practices, ethical hacking and threat modeling
- Windows, UNIX and Linux operating systems
- Security Information and Event Management (SIEM)
- Communicative, written and spoken English
- Minimal requirement is a bachelor’s degree in Telecommunications or Computer Information Systems.
- ITIL certification is an advantage.
- Security +, CEH, CISM, CISSP - will be an advantage.