Senior Vice President of Sales ($400K/year) - Remote Work
The SVP of Sales ($400K/year) will work closely with, lead and inspire a sales team of high performing enterprise & SMB software reps. You will be closing contracts with an average value of 1-20K USD. The SVP will use her/his strong hunter pedigree to bring new logos to our customer base by closing sales and creating profitable customer relationships.
As a sales leader with a proven track record, you will provide practical guidelines and direction, coaching all resources in the organization's sales function. The SVP of Sales, through structured forecasting and the use of productivity tools and platforms, is accountable for the organization’s sales team performance across the entire portfolio. Success is measured by achieving the sales goals, and close interaction with board stakeholders to align sales objectives with business strategy.
The SVP of Sales primary function is managing a variety of end-to-end activities including negotiating net new sales, renewals and giving daily support to the team. This individual will work collaboratively with 50-100 Enterprise software companies using an innovative weekly time-based compensation model.
Being successful as an SVP of Sales requires specific extensive sales experience and skills as well as key behavioral characteristics to fit in our organizational culture.
Required Experience and Skills
- 15+ years as a high-performing individual contribution in enterprise B2B software or solution net new sales, with awards from a top software sales organization
- 10+ years managing a team of 15 - 20 sales reps or an extended team of 50 indirectly through VP level reports
- A constant/ linear top performer over time with a minimum of 6 or more months per year
- Capable of handling and managing an annual recurring revenue of at least 500 M - 1 B USD where the average ACV (annual contract value) of software sold is $10K.
- Comfortable leading in a team with a roster of wins as an outsider against better-known competitors
- Proven experience implementing or strengthening different SW sales management processes and go-to-market strategies at a regional or global level
- Demonstrated ability to work with geographically dispersed remote teams
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Technical or advanced degree, such as an MBA, from a top-tier university
- A process-driven manager with little patience for substandard performance and zero tolerance for lack of effort
- Takes a consultative approach to selling value rather than solely taking a transactional approach to selling features/units
- An attitude of always setting weekly aggressive goals
- Excited to join a fast-paced organization where performance is measured on detailed weekly KPI’s
- Willing to fit and adapt to a consolidated management methodology and company culture
- A “player/coach” manager who is unafraid to roll up his/her sleeves to get the job done