VP of Finance ($200K/year) - Remote Work
As VP of Finance you will be a senior executive with experience in a global or regional finance leadership role.
Reporting to the COO and CFO, you will seamlessly run one or more finance functions such as FP&A, OTC or Controllership, being fully ready to lead an organization of 50+ finance professionals. You will also serve as key member of the Global Finance Executive Team.
We acquire a new software or IT services company every week. You will play a major role in the acquisition of some of these organizations and will be expected to lead the transformation of any acquired company in your finance function within a 90 day time frame.
One of our key challenges is simplifying, standardizing and automating our finance processes. You will have to take immediate ownership of them, and establish metrics and improvement goals to streamline these, achieving industry excellence in performance and business value delivered.
We also want you to be an expert at setting the most stretching goals and to drive weekly productivity improvements based on metrics and 100% remote working environment . You will continuously improve the quality of your teams in a centralized structure, hiring, coaching and managing up to 5 Manager level people. You will leverage your financial expertise, knowledge, and judgment to set a personal standard for excellence.
You are an experienced professional with excellent English communication skills and can effectively manage senior relationships.
Manage a Finance organization structured around remote virtual teams. Lead Finance Operations Managers and individual contributors located in different time zones, and align goals and priorities in a non-traditional working environment.
Drive daily tasks and also productivity improvements through deep-diving and innovating across finance teams who specialize in one or more of the following finance functions: FP&A, Controlling, Finance IT Systems, and Data Imports, Statutory Audits under US GAAP and IFRS, Operations including Treasury, OTC, PTP, GL and Tax, and Acquisitions.
Lead relevant finance aspect of acquisitions and integrations, including operations and continuous process improvement considering the pace of one acquisition closed every week.
Ensure, or depending on team responsibility, support timeliness, accuracy and compliance of portfolio company financial statements for statutory, management and bank reporting purposes.
Ensure, or depending on team responsibility, support working capital management delivers working capital and cash needs of the portfolio.
Lead, or depending on team responsibility, support the finalisation of significant migration initiative into Oracle’s NetSuite 1 from legacy ERPs and in-house systems
- 15+ years Finance experience of which 10+ years of US GAAP / IFRS experience in a financial management position of a company with international operations.
- 2+ years experience of managing teams totalling 30+ finance professionals.
- Previous responsibility as Finance leader for at least $100 million (annualized) turnover, preferably in a software or IT company.
- Successful track record as the CFO or VP of Finance for a business division, preferably in a software or IT company.
- Experience managing a complex group audit - Big 4 or client side.
- Full spectrum of accounting and finance experience, including M&A accounting and complex multi-currency consolidations.
- Extensive experience with large-scale ERP systems, including understanding of implementing best practices in business processes such as OTC and PTP - NetSuite and/or Intacct a bonus.
- Proven team leader with the ability to work to tight deadlines in a fast-paced and multi-cultural environment.
- A relevant bachelor’s degree plus either CPA (or equivalent professional certification) or MBA.
- Excellent communication skills in English.