This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Medici fara frontiere / Medecins Sans Frontieres active
View all jobs Anesthetist active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Pharmacy - Health active on Hipo.ro
During you mission as an Anesthetist you will quite often have to work with basic technical equipment and under difficult circumstances. Therefore, diverse practical experience is required. As an Anesthetist in a humanitarian project being capable of using somewhat “outdated” methods and techniques is a big advantage. You will mainly be working in conflict and post-conflict settings and your flexibility and creativity will assist your rapid decision making. You will very likely experience situations when you will work without monitors and breathing apparatus, relying on your own assessment. This means you will be administering anesthesia in situations in which the “clinical view” is often the principal monitoring procedure. You will be caring for both pre- and post-operative patients, giving further training to local colleagues and drafting emergency plans for situations with a large number of wounded people.
- Completed medical specialist training as Doctor Anesthetist
- Deployment may be possible in the 6th year of your specialization after a validation of your professional competencies by MSF
- Professional experience, as versatile as possible
- Minimum of 4 weeks availability
- Fluent English and French
Anesthesiologists should have experience with:
- Pediatric anesthesia
- Neonatal re-animation
- Emergency and intensive care
- Sound knowledge of inhalation, spinal and regional anesthesia
- Talent for improvising and adapting to situations in short time