Mental Health Experts
Most of the mental health programs consist of both clinical (individual and groups) and community-based components and require an integrated medical-psychological-social approach. As a Mental Health Expert you will be in charge of implementing and improving treatment for patients, while adapting strategies and tools to the context and culture. A substantial part of your work will involve coordinating activities, as well as training and supervising local staff who carry out the mental health/psychosocial support activities.
Together with your local team you assist victims to overcome traumatic experiences after war, deportation, sexual violence, etc. by means of counselling, modelling and painting therapy, as well as through occupational therapy; or you support HIV or TB patients who depend on life-long medication and therapy, which can be very painful and traumatic.
- Completed training and specialization for psychiatrists
- Completed education in clinical psychology for psychologists
- Minimum of 2 years’ post-qualification experience in clinical care to adults/children
- Desirable experience in training/supervision and clinical practise in trauma, sexual violence, HIV/AIDS or any other chronic disease
- Fluency in English and/or French, Arabic skills are an asset
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure
- Availability of 6 to 12 months
- Work experience in developing countries or with patients from various cultures
- Experience in training and managing health workers