Calculation Engineer Aeroacoustics
Lilium is a disruptive aviation start-up based in Munich. Co-founded in 2015 by Daniel Wiegand, Sebastian Born, Patrick Nathen and Matthias Meiner, the team brings together international world-class engineers and designers.
The group shares the vision of a completely new type of individual transportation and is dedicated to develop and build the world’s first fully electric vertical take-off and landing (VTOL) jet. An estimated range of up to 300 km and a top speed of 300 km/h, along with zero emissions make it the most efficient and eco-friendly individual means of transportation of our time. By providing ultra-redundancy, the Lilium Jet will also set new standards in safety.
Lilium aims at liberating towns and cities from today’s congestion and pollution, with people able to come and go freely, vastly expanding the radius of their everyday lives.
- Masters or PhD in Aerospace/Mechanical Engineering or a similar discipline.
- Min of 5 years of experience working with noise propagation, CAA/ FEM codes for turbomachinery applications
- Strong coding skills in C++ and python
- Exceptional knowledge of turbomachinery aeroacoustics theory and its analytical & numerical analysis are essential
- Strong motivation to help build structures and processes
- High level of self-reliance with the ability to work in a team, as well as autonomous
- Target-oriented, driven workstyle with analytic problem-solving skills required
- Fluent English language skills are essential, fluent German or any other language would be beneficial
In this role, you will report directly to the head of Calculations department. You will work in close collaboration with our engineering and propulsion teams. You will take leading role for aeroacoustics propagation and farfield calculations by means of CAA and semi-analytical methods and validate the measurements.
Your Day to Day:
- Take the leading role for aeroacoustics propagation calculations using CAA, CFD or semi-analytical methods.
- Perform numerical modeling of the noise propagation in closed and open domain using CAA tools and determine farfield radiations.
- Couple the noise propagation analysis with noise source modelling.
- Perform development of the noise propagation codes
- Actively help shape the growth processes within the department
- Work on any ad hoc related projects or tasks
Welcome to the future
Elegance, speed, comfort and sustainability – fusing to a new form of traveling. The Lilium airplane is the only means of transportation that can meet the demands of future mobility and therefore shape it now. We are introducing the world's first electric vertical take-off and landing jet.
Lilium is a thriving Startup creating a revolution in personal transportation and e-mobility with secured funding and proven technologies (several flying prototypes) with support by the European Space Agency (ESA). We are a highly energetic and ambitious team with world-class investors who value outstanding talent, serious creativity and elaborate innovation.
At Lilium, you will work with the world´s most talented engineers, designers and thought leaders to revolutionize the way people travel. We apply an exceptional breadth and depth to our work, we are incredibly focused onto our mission and we are therefore looking for people like us who are continuously striving towards perfection. If you, too, are filled with the insatiable need to grow, to innovate and to create don‘t hesitate to grasp this exclusive opportunity.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on competence, performance, and business needs