Team Manager - E-Bird
Lilium is a disruptive aviation start-up based in Munich. Co-founded in 2015 by Daniel Wiegand, Sebastian Born, Patrick Nathen and Matthias Meiner, the team brings together international world-class engineers and designers.
The group shares the vision of a completely new type of individual transportation and is dedicated to develop and build the world’s first fully electric vertical take-off and landing (VTOL) jet. An estimated range of up to 300 km and a top speed of 300 km/h, along with zero emissions make it the most efficient and eco-friendly individual means of transportation of our time. By providing ultra-redundancy, the Lilium Jet will also set new standards in safety.
Lilium aims at liberating towns and cities from today’s congestion and pollution, with people able to come and go freely, vastly expanding the radius of their everyday lives.
- B.Sc./M.Sc./PhD in Electronics or Electrical Engineering
- 3 to 5 years of experience in a similar position (ideally in a highly regulated sector)
- Good skills in engineering project management and team coordination
- Target-oriented, driven work style with analytic problem-solving skills required
- Strong motivation to help build and shape your organisation, structures and processes
- High level of self-reliance and an autonomous target-oriented workstyle is a must
- Experience with system, electronic hardware and software development process according to ARP4754, DO-254, DO-160 & DO-178 or other similar non-aerospace standards
- Fluent English language skills are desired, fluent German or any other language would be beneficial
In this position you will be reporting directly to the Head of Electronic Systems and will be able manage the development, completion and operation of the Lilium E-Bird. The Lilium E-Bird is the highest level of electronic/electrical/software/flight control & simulation integration, you will be the person accountable for this facility.
Your main focus will be to manage the completion of this facility as well as, process development and embedding best practices for the facilities use. You will also remain hands-on working with a small team of highly skilled engineers on various projects related to the facility.
- Management of your team including planning, estimation and commitment of tasks and projects
- Technical supervision of all tasks/projects undertaken by your team
- Responsibility for engineering suppliers on all technical work packages
- Establishment of structures and processes within the department
- Responsibility for development and training of your team
- Development of new processes and tools to suit the future development of Lilium
Welcome to the future
Elegance, speed, comfort and sustainability – fusing to a new form of traveling. The Lilium aircraft is the only means of transportation that can meet the demands of future mobility and therefore shape it now. We are introducing the world's first electric vertical take-off and landing jet. Our ambition is to engineer, manufacture Lilium Jets, as well as create an end to end air transportation service on demand, operating around the world.
Lilium is a globally acclaimed Startup creating a revolution in personal transportation and e-mobility with secured funding and proven technologies (several flying prototypes). To date, the company raised over 100 million USD from two rounds of funding, with global top VCs and funds backing the company’s vision. We are a highly energetic and ambitious team with world-class investors who value outstanding talent, serious creativity and elaborate innovation.
At Lilium, you will work with the world´s most talented engineers, designers and thought leaders to revolutionize the way people travel. We apply an exceptional breadth and depth to our work, we are incredibly focused onto our mission and we are therefore looking for people like us who are continuously striving towards perfection. If you, too, are filled with the insatiable need to grow, to innovate and to create don‘t hesitate to grasp this exclusive opportunity.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on competence, performance, and business needs