EVP of Engineering and Operations ($800K/year) - Remote Work
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Crossover Romania active
View all jobs EVP of Engineering and Operations ($800K/year) - Remote Work active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Management - Consulting active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Telecommunication active on Hipo.ro
As a seasoned executive with experience in a global leadership role, you will report to the Chief Operating Officer, and will also serve as a vital member of the global executive team.
In our business, the CEO and COO of the group companies set aggressive quarterly goals for the business. An EVP of Engineering & Operations is expected to lead the central organization towards achieving these goals. Our management process is to set weekly targets with daily check-ins to ensure we are on track to achieving the quarterly results.
We are an organization where acquisitions of software companies are one of our primary goals. The EVP will play a significant role in the acquisition of some of these organizations and may be expected to lead the transformation of any acquired company within our 90-day program. We acquire a company a week.
Overall you will be expected to run a world-class software engineering organization using radically differentiated processes. In parallel, you will run operations across a variety of disciplines including SaaSOps, IT Ops, Support, Marketing, Sales, and Finance. You will be expected to hire, coach, and manage 5-15 SVP level executives who will be managing global groups with our factory-like processes.
You will be expected to be an expert at aggressive goal setting. You should drive weekly productivity improvements to obtain significant levels of value at much higher levels than that which you will find in other companies. You must continuously improve the quality of your teams using our global talent sourcing. You will leverage your technical depth as a former developer and architect to set a personal standard for excellence.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science is mandatory (MS or preferred)
- 20+ years of engineering experience in a leadership role managing multiple teams across multiple products and technologies. This is a global leadership role for a seasoned executive
- Proven track record running a 1,250+ person software engineering and operations organization during the last 5 years
- At least 1 year of experience managing teams outside of software engineering. Other teams should include support, sales, finance.
- Be proficient at doing deep-dives into problem-solving with your teams and able to leverage past technical expertise in software development, quality assurance, cloud infrastructure, and automated deployments using CI/ CD tools
- Spent at least 5 years in a hands-on software coding and architecture role
- Managed an annual IT budget over $100m
- At least 1 year of experience managing an organization that makes use of IaaS, PaaS, or SaaS
- An advanced level of English