Financial Analyst ($30K/year) - Remote Work
Reporting to a Financial Manager you will seamlessly contribute to an ever evolving area of a finance function such as OTC or Controllership.
We acquire a new software or IT services company every week. You will play a major role in the transformation of these organizations in your area of a specific finance function within a 90 day time frame.
One of our key challenges is simplifying, standardizing and automating our finance processes. Since you already have several years of experience, you will be proposing best practices to streamline the processes assigned to you, achieving industry excellence in performance and business value delivered.
We also want you to be excited about our ambition to thinking big and our appetite for achieving big goals even if it means we need to face the most stretching of goals and productivity improvement initiatives. You will leverage your financial expertise, knowledge and judgment to process transactions, prepare reports and produce various other deliverables relevant to your area day-to-day but you will also be challenging the status quo. We are looking for Financial Analysts who will collaborate within their team and also across other teams, proposing best practices to raise quality bars to the highest standards of excellence.
You are an experienced professional with excellent English communication skills and can effectively collaborate with others to deliver quantifiable business value.
Contribute to the success of your finance operations team and Finance overall in an organization structured around remote virtual teams. Collaborate with individual contributors located in different time zones, and work towards achieving goals and priorities in a non-traditional working environment.
Drive and execute on daily tasks and also productivity improvements through deep-diving and innovating across finance teams who specialize in one or more of the following finance functions: Controlling, Finance IT Systems and Data Imports, Statutory Audits under US GAAP and IFRS, Operations including Treasury, OTC, PTP, GL and Tax, and Acquisitions.
Ensure finance aspect of acquisitions and integrations relevant for your finance operations area is delivered timely and to the highest standards. This includes operations and also continuous process improvement considering the pace of one acquisition closed every week. More specifically you will be implementing standard processes and systems for new companies, reconciling data and reports, simplifying complex solutions, resolving discrepancies and collaborating across various Finance and non-Finance functions effectively for seamless transition.
Ensure, or depending on team responsibility, support timeliness, accuracy and compliance of portfolio company financial statements for statutory, management and bank reporting purposes. More specifically you will be analyzing and posting journals, reconciling data and reports, assisting with variance analysis and providing insights, reviewing month-end close reports and follow-up to resolve issues, prepare financials and interact with internal teams, consultants and auditors.
Ensure, or depending on team responsibility, support working capital management delivers working capital and cash needs of the portfolio. Be the driving force behind timely and accurate invoicing and making sure invoices are paid timely by our customers.
Ensure, or depending on team responsibility, support the finalization of significant migration initiative into Oracle’s NetSuite from legacy ERPs and in-house systems. Implementing innovative systems based solutions that aim towards furthering simplicity, automation and productivity and deliver 10x business value are everyday priorities.
- 5+ years of US GAAP / IFRS experience in a financial position in a company with international operations of which at least 3+ years gained in the IT sector a bonus
- Proven expert in any or some of the following financial areas: Accounts Payable (or PTP), Accounts Receivable (or OTC), Accounting (or RTR), Controlling, Statutory Reporting, Management Reporting, Financial Systems
- Experience in working together with Big 4 or internal auditors or in performing such audit.
- User experience with large-scale ERP systems and understanding implementation of best practices in business processes such as OTC and PTP - NetSuite and/or Intacct a bonus
- A relevant bachelor’s or master’s degree or CPA (or equivalent professional certification)
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Advanced level knowledge in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint and Outlook) or Google Suite (Google Sheets, Google Docs, Google Slides, Gmail and Google Calendar)
- Working remotely and available at least partly during US business hours
- Ability to work with tight deadlines in a fast-paced and multi-cultural environment in order to achieve clear goals