Senior Applied Scientist
We are the leading technology recruitment and selection consultancy in Romania, working on highly specialized technologies for permanent and interim positions. Since our inception in 2001 as the first specialized IT recruitment agency in Romania we supported over 400 national and global clients in acquiring strategic IT talent for their business.
We are deeply passionate about technology and highly responsible about our work. We understand the pressure of the business and the fact that you need fast and quality results. Therefore we always go for the extra mile to deliver the best IT&C talent for your business, no matter how challenging the project may seem.
Our client, first R&D facility in Eastern Europe plays a major role in the city’s burgeoning tech industry, employing skilled experts who are inventing exciting new technologies in the fields of Cloud Computing, Information Security, Machine Learning and Data Analysis.
The Center is also known for the business teams who manage programs for their Retail, Compliance, employing associates, specialists and program managers across Retail Business Services, Compliance Operations and Digital Imaging Services.
- PHD/MS. in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Operational Research, Statistics or a related quantitative field
- At least 5+ years of hands-on experience in predictive modeling and analysis
- Proficiency in model development, model validation and model implementation for large-scale applications
- At least 2+ years hands on experience programming in R, Java, C#, C++ or other similar programming languages
- Hands on experience with scripting languages such as Python, Perl
- Communication: Able to convey mathematical results in plain English, being able to clarify and formalize complex problems.
- 1+ years professional experience in software development
- 7+ years of practical experience applying ML to solve complex problems in an applied environment;
- Significant peer reviewed scientific contributions in premier journals and conferences;
- Strong fundamentals in problem solving, algorithm design and complexity analysis;
- Experience with defining research and development practices in an applied environment;
- Proven track record in technically leading and mentoring scientists;
- Superior verbal and written communication and presentation skills, ability to convey rigorous mathematical concepts and considerations to non-experts.
We are seeking a passionate Applied Scientist with strong analytical, technical and communication skills to address increasingly complex business questions within their team. Within a team of applied scientists and software engineers you will develop a range of algorithms and models that help software products manage the operations efficiency and availability of their highly distributed website implementation that serve 10s of billions of customer requests per day through their retail websites, Kindle, their subsidiaries and more. You will need to demonstrate great passion for customers, agility and adaptability in the face of fast changing business requirements and innovation across the company.
As the ideal candidate you will be able to independently mine and analyze data, and use any necessary programming, machine learning and statistical analysis software to do so. Within the organization, you will thrive in a fast-paced, startup-like environment focused on building systems that automate the scaling of all websites and services. This translates to a very large volume of data to be processed by sophisticated algorithms, presenting challenging scalability, efficiency, and distributed systems design problems. You will partner with technology and business leaders that own the full scope of computing capacity supply for them, from forecasting to procurement through provisioning and operation.
As a team scientist you will drive collaborative and creative problem solving, measure and estimate risks, constructively critique peer research, and align research focuses with their strategic need to optimize compute the supply of compute capacity supply within their company.
You will participate in the design and implementation efforts between multiple teams to develop optimal solutions. You will contribute to initiatives that benefit all of company while leveraging the latest in AWS, big data and machine learning.
If you can think big and want to be a part of a fast moving team breaking new ground, and you meet the qualifications below, we would like to speak with you!