2nd level System Administrator Linux/ Windows
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Ericsson active
View all jobs 2nd level System Administrator Linux/ Windows active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Hardware active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Telecommunication active on Hipo.ro
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world. Are you ready to be a change-maker?
Learn what makes YOU + Ericsson a powerful combination. Join us today.
We are one of the leading providers of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to service providers, with about 40% of the world’s mobile traffic carried through our networks. We enable the full value of connectivity by creating game-changing technology and services that are easy to use, adopt and scale, making our customers successful in a fully connected world.
Together, in Romania we create a culture of innovation, constantly transforming to find new ways of working. Opened in 2007, the Global Site in Bucharest is one in only four all over the world, the only one situated in Europe and a vital component in Ericsson’s global services organization. The Romanian site currently counts on a team of 1,900 strong professionals and enthusiastic young specialists and is developing constantly to meet customer needs.
• 4-5 years or more of exposure to IT systems at administration level (storages, backup solutions, monitoring systems (e.g. Nagios, Veritas Backup) represents an advantage)
• Unix based and Windows administration medium knowledge or upper.
• POSIX (bash, perl, SQL scripting, Windows batch scripting) used to automatize different system tasks – basic to medium knowledge level.
• Networking and basic routing (CISCO courses represents an advantage) - nice to have
• Database administration basic knowledge (Oracle, Sybase, MySQL, MS SQL, MS Access)
• Technical support environment exposure, working with tickets, priorities, Service Level Agreements, on-call duty one week per month.
• Mobile telecommunication systems knowledge
• Radio & Core network architecture knowledge
• Knowledge of Network or Element Management Systems from
• various vendors like Huawei M2000/U2000, Ericsson OSS R17, ENM, Alcatel 1353/1354, ZTE Netnumen
• Administration or user experience with Performance Management
• Systems (data processing, parsing, database loading and export / visualization)
• Education: University degree (Polytechnics represents an advantage)
• Others: Fluent English (spoken and written)
• Basic Spanish(spoken and written)
• Good communication skills, both written and verbal
• Availability for traveling abroad, occasionally
• Ability to work within a global, remote workforce
• Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
• Ability to work under pressure
• Available for on-call duty
Operation & Maintenance of Linux/Windows servers and enterprise applications in the scope. Assures the correct functionality by following the routine and fault prevention guidelines (check and act upon alarms, logs, system monitor indicators) Performing both proactive and reactive activities in a scheduled manner or on demand; Takes action before problems become critical: system/hardware failures, hanged processes, scripts not having desired output, application errors, data flows etc Ensuring that the services provided to our customers are continuously available and performing up to Service Level Agreement (SLA) performance levels; Understanding the customer’s network and systems architecture, liaise with applications experts, operations staff and users to determine requirements and provide quick resolution for technical issues.