You might be surprised how many different products are developed by Bosch Romania. So why not explore what we do, where we do it and how life is at Bosch?
What distinguishes you?
- Completed studies in a technical discipline (eg. MsC in computer science) or comparable know how.
- Capability to perform complex data transformations by means of efficient, performant and scalable programming libraries and development tools like Scala, Spark, Java
- Ability to rapidly understand, analyze and find solutions to complex problems and present these.
- Independent and self-responsible way of working
- Advanced English (German and other language skills are an advantage)
- Willingness to travel and to work in an international team
Highly desired skills:
- Job experience in the area of big data.
- Deep understanding of the design and architecture of big data applications and proven experience with Hadoop ecosystems
- Project experience in the development and operation of complex data architectures
Your contribution to something big
- As Data Engineer you will work in an international team where you will be responsible for the development of Big Data architectures for processing large data streams in (near-) real-time.
- With a focus on design and arhitecture you will be responsible for the transportation and loading of the data into the RB-Analytics platform.
- You will develop, test and run ETL (Extract, Transform and Load) code on top of big datasets and create big data warehouses that can be used for reporting or analysis by data scientists.
- The data engineering tasks involve the development of code using programming languages like Scala, Python, Sql and JAVA
- You will be responsible for provisioning production, quality and business data from the international Bosch production. This includes the integration of data from our suppliers and the forwarding of data to our end-customers (automotive and consumer electronics).
- The data sources you will work with include everything from flat text files, semi-structured logs, individual machine messages and sensor event streams to images from different optical tests.
- You will be involved in the design, development and testing of data models and data interfaces.
- Together with your data analyst colleagues you will assure the data quality through the necessary checks and transformations.
- Through the participation to conferences and trainings, you will open new technological horizons to our team.
- You will apply new approaches as a direct result of your own initiative that results in a better solution, increased quality and/or greater efficiency. Be creative and pro-active!