Switching ATAC L3 Technical Support Engineer
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Luxoft Romania active
View all jobs Switching ATAC L3 Technical Support Engineer active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
Luxoft, a DXC Technology Company, (NYSE: DXC), is a digital strategy and software engineering firm providing bespoke technology solutions that drive business change for customers the world over. Luxoft uses technology to enable business transformation, enhance customer experiences, and boost operational efficiency through its strategy, consulting, and engineering services. Luxoft combines a unique blend of engineering excellence and deep industry expertise, specializing in automotive, financial services, travel and hospitality, healthcare, life sciences, media and telecommunications. Luxoft is well known for its consistent high level of delivery and complex project management, its premier digital engineering talent, exceptional client focus, and agility, creativity, and remarkable problem-solving capabilities.
• English fluency both written and spoken
• Strong experience supporting enterprise IP networks.
• Very good knowledge and understanding of TCP/IP
• Knowledge in IP networking in layers 2-4(TCP/IP, Ethernet, VLANs, VLAN stacking QoS, STP,RSTP, OSPF,RIP, VRRP,IGMP,MPLS, Multicast routing protocols)
• Knowledge about Wireless LAN networks (protocols, standards, functionality, troubleshooting)
• Working knowledge in both Unix/Linux and Windows operating systems is a plus
• Juniper product knowledge and/or certification (JNCIA, JNCIS) is a plus
• The ideal candidate will be able to analyze sniffer traces
• Excellent Communications and Interpersonal Skills required, with a passion for the Internet, its growth, and related new technologies.
• Ability to learn and integrate new technologies in a fast-paced environment
• Provide Tier 3 Support for VARs, Distributors, service providers, enterprise customers, and end users via telephone, e-mail, and
• Troubleshoot complicated hardware and software issues, replicate customer environments and network problems in the
• Manage critical customer issues and facilitate communication between customers, escalation, and
• Participate in cross functional tasks such as new product development projects, support readiness teams, KB and other documentation
• Provide on-site support for customers when needed.
The Technical Support Engineer will support client products from a major network infrastructure manufacturer, working directly with the partners and customers.
The Engineer will work with highly knowledgeable group of customers and act as an escalation point for other groups within the organization.