Senior SAP Basis Administrator
LeasePlan is one of the world’s leading Car-as-a-Service companies, with 1.8 million vehicles under management in over 30 countries.
With over 50 years’ experience, our mission is to provide What’s next in mobility via an ‘any car, anytime, anywhere’ service – so our customers can focus on What's next for them. Across 32 countries, LeasePlan purchases, funds and manages vehicles for its customers, providing a complete end-to-end service.
LeasePlan Shared Service Center was founded in December 2017 in Bucharest, aiming to establish consistent harmonized processes, delivering customer excellence through a continuous improvement and ONE Team mindset.
Demonstrate LeasePlan Values and Behaviours
This position is required to demonstrate the LeasePlan Values of:
• Commitment – taking personal ownership to deliver on our promises
• Passion – contributing passionately to the success of LeasePlan
• Respect – treating others the way we want to be treated
• Expertise – being the best in everything we do
This position is also required to:
Support LeasePlan’s Continuous Improvement strategy by identifying and proposing opportunities for improvement
Demonstrate reasonable care and behaviours that support the health and safety of self and of others
The following describes the qualifications, experience, knowledge, skills and personal attributes required to undertake the requirements of this role:
Qualifications and experience
8+ years SAP Basis Experience
• Contribute to SAP Technical strategy and planning discussions
• Estimate and plan all work effort, incl. manage distribution of activities to the team
• Advise on technical approach for all systems integrating to SAP
• Plan and manage SAP systems maintenance schedule
• Understanding of SAP best practice
• Able to assess and manage technical risks and issues
• Should be open to learn new products and take additional responsibilities
• Deal with daily SAP Basis BAU tasks that arise – transports, configuration changes, DB errors, encryption/SSO, etc.
• Manage and delegate smaller SAP Basis projects i.e. Software Installations and upgrades, Application of Support Packs, Kernel and Database upgrades, System Refreshes, security reviews etc.
• Optimizing and tuning of SAP environments in line with Business requirements.
• Develop and maintain system documentation for all SAP instances and interfaces.
• Plan the maintenance schedule and adhere to security and auditing policies.
• Familiar with Project Tracks, and the potential risks/rewards when ring fencing live BAU systems.
• Analyse impact of the application related notes/ patches/service package recommendations.
• Monitoring of SAP systems (ECC, S/4HANA, BW/4HANA, Business Objects, CRM, SRM, TREX, AAE, FES, PO, GRC, Hybris etc.) through Solution Manager and through standard SAP transactions on each system.
• Configuration of managed systems, system landscape directory and monitoring within Solution Manager
• Gather and disseminate up-to-date information on application related OSS notes/patches/ service package recommendations and monthly SAP security notes.
• Managing transports in the landscape as needed, experience of ChaRM beneficial.
• Generate and action EarlyWatch Alert Reports.
• Experience with DAA, host agents and Enterprise Manager installations and configurations.
• Database administration. Any experience working on HANA, MaxDB, SQL Anywhere platform would be an advantage..
• Operating Systems. Working knowledge of Windows, AIX, and/or SUSE LINUX skills are beneficial.
• Experience of LDAP, Networking and Cloud technologies are very beneficial
General knowledge and skills
• Familiarity across a broad range of communication channels and technologies
• Effective communicator both verbally and in writing
• A thorough and analytical approach to planning and managing projects
• Proven ability to troubleshoot system performance problems and SAP system issues
• Excellent customer facing skills and the ability to work on your own or as part of a team
• Excellent organisational and time management skills with an ability to prioritise
Linked to our Values: Commitment, Expertise, Passion, Respect
• Customer Focus, Always gives high priority to customer stated needs
• Teamwork; Develops & maintains good working relationships with others in the immediate work environment
• Planning & Coordinating; Organises oneself and tasks well
• Organisational Commitment; Creates a positive impression of LPIS when interacting with people inside and outside the company
• Communication; Presents self positively and communicates confidently
• Results Driven; Demonstrates initiative and motivation and acts promptly to get things done.
• Must be willing to learn
• Ability to develop strong relationships across all levels of the organisation
• High level of initiative and an ability to continually identify and address opportunities for improvement
• Ability to think strategically
• High level of motivation, energy and drive to achieve
• High integrity and strong understanding of professional ethics
The major responsibilities of this position include:
• Manage the day to day operations and availability of the production SAP environment
• Provide installation, configuration, integration, upgrade, testing and tuning/optimization services for new projects and on-going maintenance of the SAP environment
• Manage the technical aspects of maintaining multi-landscape environments through environment copies, system refreshes/copies, and transport management
• Ensure proactive maintenance across the SAP landscape to cover capacity planning and patch management
• Maintain SAP performance by planning and executing SAP tuning strategies
• Maintain and configure all required SAP database servers and application servers
• Work closely with existing SAP Basis administrators in BAU and Project teams.
Note: The purpose of this job description is to focus attention on the most important aspects of the job. It is not intended to be a complete list of every duty. This position is required to undertake other duties and projects as directed.