Internship - R&D IT Team
NXP Semiconductors enables secure connections and infrastructure for a smarter world, advancing solutions that make lives easier, better and safer. As the world leader in secure connectivity solutions for embedded applications, we are driving innovation in the secure connected vehicle, end-to-end security & privacy and smart connected solutions markets.
Scope of Responsibilities/Expectations:
- Learn to maintain IT infrastructure hardware and act based on ITIL procedures
- Ability to analyze customer needs and recommend solutions/products
- Participate in regularly scheduled reviews with peers and end-users
- Help with hardware installations, upgrades and replacements
- Provide support via helpdesk tickets web-based tools
The candidate should have analytical thinking skill sets necessary to solve problems and maintain a global mind set. He/she should be able to communicate at a technical level with a diverse group of team members (junior to senior level skill sets). Must be motivated and self-challenged with good written and verbal communication skills. Individual must be fluent in English, being able to work with remote (offsite) team members while implementing new computing technologies & projects. The candidate must adhere to organizational quality standards & procedures.
Candidate should have technical knowledge or being able to rapidly ramp-up in the following areas:
- Windows/Linux System Administration
- Technical operations of data center infrastructure, including virtualization solutions
- Professional storage equipment
- Network configuration/implementation
- Self-motivated, must possess good analytical and teamwork skills
* Please note the candidate will need to be a registered student throughout the course of this assignment.
The candidate will:
- Gain expertise in analysis, development, configuration, maintenance, and deployment of the R&D IT infrastructure and Windows/Linux operating systems;
- Perform timely troubleshooting, performance tuning, backup & maintenance of systems, and participate in strategic projects and ensure that system and server-based applications run correctly;
- Provide and maintain up-to-date documentation of system configurations & procedures for implementation and plan, recommend, develop specifications to implement appropriate technologies into the computing environment.
NXP Romania IT Team provides the global NXP community with a unified design environment, infrastructure, and deploys and supports compute hardware and applications, and ensures security & compliance to company-wide standards.
NXP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer regardless of age, color, national origin, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, status as a disabled veteran and/or veteran of the Vietnam Era or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, NXP will provide reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified disabled individuals.