Sales Tax Accountant
Mood Media is the global leader in elevating customer experiences. Through the right combination of sight, sound, scent, systems and social mobile technologies, Mood’s solutions reach more than 150 million consumers a day.
With more than 500,000 active client locations around the globe, they consult and serve more than 850 businesses of all sizes and market sectors, from the world’s most recognized retailers and hotels to quick-service restaurants and thousands of small businesses.
• 2 to 5 years of experience with finance and accounting.
• 2 to 5 years of experience preparing returns working with complex datasets including Oracle and Vertex data.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
• Experience researching tax laws and regulations using tax research engines.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Monthly transaction tax compliance data preparation and review of 3rd party return preparers
• Maintaining business licenses
• Maintaining customer tax exemption certificates
• Researching tax laws for accurate compliance and monthly reporting
• Maintaining tax automation software to ensure compliance accuracy
• Transaction tax audit defense
• Reviewing purchasing data and preparing journal entries for maintaining compliance accuracy
• Preparing and supporting transaction tax refund claims
• Assisting with various projects as assigned
Knowledge and Skills:
• Attention to detail, accuracy, timely filing and precision
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, both independently and as a team member
• Strong analytical / problem solving skills
• Excellent oral/written communication skills
• Proficient with Microsoft Excel is a requirement.
• Experience with G/L account reconciliations preferred