Integration Development Consultant
Explore Oracle and become our next great hire!
With more than 420,000 customers - including 100 of the Fortune 100 - and with deployments across a wide variety of industries in more than 145 countries, Oracle offers a comprehensive and fully integrated stack of cloud applications, platform services, and engineered systems.
Currently counting over 4100 employees in the Bucharest and Iasi offices, Oracle Romania has been prominently listed as one of the „Most Desired Employers” in the local market over the last 6 years, including the top rank for the past 3 years.
Oracle is a key contributor globally to IT education through its Oracle Academy Program. Oracle Academy currently supports 664 institutions and over 52,000 students in Romania. In 2016 we are training 200 teachers in Java Fundamentals and Java Programming.
Beside key administrative functions for customers, partners and Oracle organizations, Romania is also home for core development centers and teams helping customers to realize successful IT projects. To name a few:
Oracle Product Development
Oracle Advanced Customer Support
Oracle Software Support Services
Oracle Sales Consulting Center
Oracle is constantly recruiting for a variety of departments, looking for talented candidates with both technical and non-technical background. The ideal candidate would be the one with high potential and ability to learn and adapt quickly to a fast changing, innovative and demanding environment. If you’re looking for insight into life at Oracle, explore our culture, or want to join the social conversation, check out our Oracle Facebook Community.
To fulfill the role of Application Development Solution Engineer, we are looking for individuals that match the following profile:
• Technical/IT education, university degree
• Works in an IT related role today (Software Development, Technical Consulting)
• Strong experience in software development lifecycle, Open source technologies, Node JS
• Hands on skills of any programming language (preferred – Java, Python, Ruby, PHP)
• Experience in developing Cloud Native applications, Containers & Microservices
• Good understanding of the following development areas:
o DevOps Tools & Virtualization technologies
o CI/CD Tools
o Cloud infra management tools
o Mobile application development
• Experience using or managing Linux or UNIX operating systems is a plus
• Previous Agile experience is a plus (Scrum, Kanban)
• Cloud Native Development experience on AWS, Azure or similar Cloud platforms
• Knowledge on new Industry trends and technologies like Blockchain, IoT, AI, Chatbots is a plus
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written. You are able to not only understand complex technologies but also to explain to others in clear and simple terms based on the audience. You can articulate key messages very clearly.
• Openness to work with different languages & cultures (you will support most of Europe)
• Results orientation, you won’t be satisfied until the job is done with the right quality!
• Ability to work in (virtual) teams. To get a specific job done often requires working together with many colleagues spread out in different countries.
• Self-motivated, you have the natural drive to learn and pick up new challenges
• Strong knowledge (oral & written) of English is a must.
• Work experience in a similar role is an advantage
Application Development Solution Engineer role offers a fantastic opportunity for a technically solid expert to provide their development, architecture and presentation skills, to be an important part of Oracle’s fast growth in becoming the leader of the Cloud on SaaS, PaaS and IaaS.
You will be in constant communication with field technical teams within EMEA and JAPAC region, who need your technical expertise, product knowledge, development skills and presentation skills to demonstrate to the customers how they will achieve success and innovation using Oracle Cloud products and technologies.
Role / Responsibilities:
You will be working as a technical solution engineer in Modern Application Development portfolio and will be:
• Become the internal Oracle expert for Application development product set using your technical expertise and product knowledge
• Build and deliver technical assets for customer enablement, virtual workshops, Oracle developer code events around Oracle Cloud Application Development solutions.
• Advising the customers, field consulting teams on product integration patterns, architecture and innovative solutions.
• Collaborating with Product Management by bringing innovative ideas, potential use cases to further improve Oracle Cloud Application Development Portfolio
The projects you develop, the technical information you do provide will have a major impact on the presales and sales activities of Oracle, helping to position the cloud products to the clients and improving their businesses.
Oracle Cloud Platform as a Service (PaaS) portfolio contains Oracle Application Development products like Java, Mobile, Chatbots, API CS, Polyglot application platform, Blockchain, AI/ML and Container Pipelines
You will have the chance to speak up and bring ideas in a very open environment and becoming a part of the agile cultural change in Oracle.
Eagerness to learn is very important for us! Oracle has an incredibly broad (and growing) portfolio of industry leading products. If you find it interesting and fun to pick up a new product and master these in a very short time frame, this is the place to be!