This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Cegeka Romania active
View all jobs Monitoring Engineering active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
With over 4000 employees, Cegeka is one of the most important independent ICT providers in the Benelux (Belgium, the Netherlands, and Luxembourg). We help our customers with the development and implementation of applications, infrastructure, managed services, outsourcing, user support, desktop management, technical on-site support and consultancy.
On the Romanian Market, Cegeka has more than 500 employees in two offices: Bucharest and Iasi.
We have 3 Business Units: Applications, Infrastructure and Professional Services.
Cegeka’s mission is to help customers survive and thrive in a world where the rules of the game are constantly changing. We do this by “unburdening” C-level decision makers and helping them become digital to the core.
The world of IT is mostly about cold, hard facts and figures. These, of course, are crucial. But we want to make a difference: with our human approach, our empathy with customers’ business pains, and our commitment to make a tangible difference.
The “real” Cegeka cannot be summed up in one definition, as it is a patchwork of different people, cultures, talents, personalities and customers. It’s exactly this diversity, and the fact that we succeed in delivering great projects together, that makes us who we are.
However, Cegeka employees are expected to rally behind a set of values and principles such as ownership, curiosity, agility, entrepreneurship and respect. And everyone is expected to step out of their comfort zone when it comes to solving our customers’ problems.
We are eager to meet you and answer your questions. See you soon!
Cegeka is a System Integrator that provides Managed Services for multiple customers across Europe on a 24 by 7 basis. The STAID (Shared Technology And Infrastructure Delivery) Division is structured on 3 main levels of technical competence: Support Technician, Support Engineer and System Engineer. The 3 levels act as a team to ensure customer satisfaction.
As a Monitoring Engineer, you will be integrated in an existing Team of 7 Monitoring Engineers and 4 Developers which are maintaining the Cegeka global monitoring environment and writing software to automate the internal processes.
You will coach the more junior members of the Team, assist in the quality assurance and take ownership of large projects. You will play an important role in the architecture of the infrastructure and provide 2nd/3rd line support for operational monitoring activities. In addition to this, you will use your good scripting capabilities for automation purposes. Your skills cover redundant solutions which you know how to configure (databases, webservers, load balancing, replication, etc.).
You will work under normal business hours. However, you may be involved in a stand-by schedule that occurs outside business hours.
What you should have:
• Experience or interest with Linux and Windows operating systems
• Relevant experience in Zenoss, SCOM, OMS, Nagios, Zabbix or any other monitoring solution
• Scripting experience in a scripting language like Python/Bash/Perl/PHP/Ruby or any other similar language
• Ability to install/configure and maintain Linux/Windows environments
• Hands on experience with monitoring methodologies like SNMP, Winrm, WMI, SNMP Traps, agent/agentless, rrdtool, etc. or willingness to learn them
• Troubleshooting skills on different levels (networking, OS, etc.)
Nice to have:
• Experience with DevOps related technologies
• Knowledge of HA/redundant setups (drbd, heartbeat), replication technologies for databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL)
• Experience with APM toolings
• Experience with Python
How you should be:
• Analytical, with technical and diagnostic skills
• Have good communication and time management skills, with the ability to track and ensure the success of multiple simultaneous projects
• Team player with a strong desire to work in a collaborative environment
• Have demonstrated ability to identify process improvement opportunities, knowledge of change management and experience implementing new process/technology to standardize operations
• Customer focused
• Able to quickly adapt to constantly changing business priorities
• Able to work independently, as a pro-active team member with initiative
• With a high sense of task ownership: follow up from A to Z
• Fluent in English (writing and speaking)
• Willing to travel
What we offer (bonuses, benefits):
• Headquarters in the centre of Bucharest (Victoriei Square)
• Flexible working environment within a dynamic team
• We leave you room to balance your work and private life - 22 days as annual vacation, plus 1 day added at every 3 years within the company
• Private medical subscription, you can choose from 2 providers
• Meal tickets
• Free Gym Subscription - fitness, aerobic, pool (according to internal policies)
• Preferential rates to 7Card subscription
• Access to a modern library
• Massage within the company premises
• Team events (team-buildings, team hangouts, Christmas party, etc.)
• Relaxation room (foosball, darts, board games, X-box, etc.)
• Access to various training programs (soft and hard skills trainings, according to the internal policies)
• Being part of a growing organization with Belgian roots