This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Cegeka Romania active
View all jobs Monitoring Engineering active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
With over 4000 employees, Cegeka is one of the most important independent ICT providers in the Benelux (Belgium, the Netherlands, and Luxembourg). We help our customers with the development and implementation of applications, infrastructure, managed services, outsourcing, user support, desktop management, technical on-site support and consultancy. With our own data centers in Belgium and the Netherlands, we are ready for the future and for new business models, and so are our customers.
In addition to the offices in Belgium, Netherlands, Italy, Poland, on the Romanian Market, Cegeka has two offices: one in Bucharest and one in Iasi, with more than 400 employees.
We have 3 Business Units: SOFAR – Software Factory Romania; CGMS – Cegeka Global Managed Services Center; STAID - Shared Technology and Infrastructure Delivery.
At SOFAR, our division that deals with software development, the highest number of employees consists of Java, .NET, PHP, Mobile, SharePoint, Computer Vision, Blockchain Developers, reason for which main recruitment focus for this division is also placed on similar profiles.
At CGMSC, our division that deals with infrastructure management, most of the employees are involved in support activities on various environments and technologies, among which we can identify Windows Servers, Linux/Unix, Citrix, VMware etc.
Within STAID, we provide technical support and tools’ configuration through multicultural teams (Romanian and Belgian), that work with and on Networking, Python, MSSql or various security platforms.
Are you authentic, involved, committed and eager to learn? Then you are the best fit to our team of professionals.
We are eager to meet you and answer your questions. See you soon!
Cegeka is a System Integrator that provides Managed Services for multiple customers across Europe on a 24 by 7 basis. The STAID (Shared Technology And Infrastructure Delivery) Division is structured on 3 main levels of technical competence: Support Technician, Support Engineer and System Engineer. The 3 levels act as a team to ensure customer satisfaction.
As a Monitoring Engineer, you will be integrated in an existing Team of 7 Monitoring Engineers and 4 Developers which are maintaining the Cegeka global monitoring environment and writing software to automate the internal processes.
You will coach the more junior members of the Team, assist in the quality assurance and take ownership of large projects. You will play an important role in the architecture of the infrastructure and provide 2nd/3rd line support for operational monitoring activities. In addition to this, you will use your good scripting capabilities for automation purposes. Your skills cover redundant solutions which you know how to configure (databases, webservers, load balancing, replication, etc.).
You will work under normal business hours. However, you may be involved in a stand-by schedule that occurs outside business hours.
What you should have:
• Experience or interest with Linux and Windows operating systems
• Relevant experience in Zenoss, SCOM, OMS, Nagios, Zabbix or any other monitoring solution
• Scripting experience in a scripting language like Python/Bash/Perl/PHP/Ruby or any other similar language
• Ability to install/configure and maintain Linux/Windows environments
• Hands on experience with monitoring methodologies like SNMP, Winrm, WMI, SNMP Traps, agent/agentless, rrdtool, etc. or willingness to learn them
• Troubleshooting skills on different levels (networking, OS, etc.)
Nice to have:
• Experience with DevOps related technologies
• Knowledge of HA/redundant setups (drbd, heartbeat), replication technologies for databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL)
• Experience with APM toolings
• Experience with Python
How you should be:
• Analytical, with technical and diagnostic skills
• Have good communication and time management skills, with the ability to track and ensure the success of multiple simultaneous projects
• Team player with a strong desire to work in a collaborative environment
• Have demonstrated ability to identify process improvement opportunities, knowledge of change management and experience implementing new process/technology to standardize operations
• Customer focused
• Able to quickly adapt to constantly changing business priorities
• Able to work independently, as a pro-active team member with initiative
• With a high sense of task ownership: follow up from A to Z
• Fluent in English (writing and speaking)
• Willing to travel
What we offer (bonuses, benefits):
• Headquarters in the centre of Bucharest (Victoriei Square)
• Flexible working environment within a dynamic team
• We leave you room to balance your work and private life - 22 days as annual vacation, plus 1 day added at every 3 years within the company
• Private medical subscription, you can choose from 2 providers
• Meal tickets
• Free Gym Subscription - fitness, aerobic, pool (according to internal policies)
• Preferential rates to 7Card subscription
• Access to a modern library
• Massage within the company premises
• Team events (team-buildings, team hangouts, Christmas party, etc.)
• Relaxation room (foosball, darts, board games, X-box, etc.)
• Access to various training programs (soft and hard skills trainings, according to the internal policies)
• Being part of a growing organization with Belgian roots