Software Internship - Operating Systems for Automotive Applications
NXP Semiconductors enables secure connections and infrastructure for a smarter world, advancing solutions that make lives easier, better and safer. As the world leader in secure connectivity solutions for embedded applications, we are driving innovation in the secure connected vehicle, end-to-end security & privacy and smart connected solutions markets.
To ensure your successful performance in this internship, the following experience is a plus:
- Programming experience (ANSI C)
- General CPU/Computer architecture know-how
- Linux operating system or Real Time Operating Systems
- Debugging skills for embedded targets and low level software
- Makefiles, scripting languages
- English (spoken and written)
A typical day involves at least one of:
- interacting with real embedded engineers and work and during coffee breaks - attn: involves laughing, from time to time;
- learning about a modern processor architecture;
- writing embedded C code, perhaps a bit of assembly language;
- brushing up on python skills for automating;
- understanding how to program in software a hardware communication peripheral;
- getting skilled in using a debugger probe to study bugs and profiling information for embedded target device;
- finally figuring out why architecturing software is a must before jumping on heedlessly writing code.
You will be part of the software team working on the products that will power the autonomous cars of tomorrow. You will learn about embedded software programming as part of our projects on device drivers and operating systems, interact with leading global experts for automotive technologies and get familiar with quality standards and models required in the automotive industry. Some of the technologies developed in Romania include Linux operating systems, Real Time Operating Systems, security software, device drivers and integrated embedded solutions, ADAS radar and vision software development kits and software stacks (TouchSense, NFC, CAN, LIN, etc).
By joining our team, beside an attractive salary package, you’ll have the opportunity to be part of a high performance team, who has already patented innovative ideas in the automotive software domain, in a secure, pleasant and dynamic work environment.
Duration of the assignment: a minimum of 6 months.
Please note that you will need to be a registered student throughout the course of the assignment.
NXP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer regardless of age, color, national origin, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, status as a disabled veteran and/or veteran of the Vietnam Era or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, NXP will provide reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified disabled individuals.
*Please note the candidate will need to be a registered student throughtout the course of this assignment.