Software Development Manager
Never heard of MindGeek?
MindGeek is a company specializing in the development and marketing of highly trafficked web properties; a leader in its activity. But that’s only what we do, not who we are. So who are we? The best way to describe us would be nothing less than awesome! An overstatement? We don’t think so. And neither will you if you come work with us!
- Performance driven
- Must have worked as a Programmer/Analyst
- Proven track record in the Development Manager role (in web technologies e.g. PHP, .NET, JAVA, Node,...)
- Experience organizing and prioritizing software development projects, completing the scope, costing, etc.
- Experience dealing with large scale solutions
- Solid understanding of software development methodologies
- Strong communication and problem solving skills;
- Excellent organizational skills, and ability to give structure to ideas
- Thrive in a young, entrepreneurial environment
- Experience in similar role, a must
- Passion for learning new things
- Team Building skills
- Constant learner who is trend savvy
- Expert knowledge of web based business and thorough understanding of IT
- Minimum 6-7 years of professional work experience
- Bachelors degree in Computer or Software Engineering
As Manager of the Development team, reporting to the Director, you will be responsible for driving speed and efficiency in operations through process improvement and technological advancement to enhance competitive advantage, organizational agility and expand the realm of possibility. In this role, you will be overseeing several functions including Front and Back End Programming, Site Quality Assurance, and Server Hosting within the organization. This critical area of the organization ensures that we are bringing the best and most attractive on-line media content to our users in response to their changing tastes.
- Work with the Director to define organizational goals and needs.
- Execution of functional plans and strategy implementation
- Budgeting for the Functions.
- Research and development (R&D) for the functions to keep on top of relevant emerging technology and trends
- Managing multiple development teams
- Develop performance targets for each of the Team members
- Manage the departments performance, including performance discussions and compensation decisions
- Motivating salary aligned with your skills and experience
- Annual bonuses
- Private health insurance
- Meal tickets
- Team building events
- Support for obtaining certifications