This job is no longer active!
View all jobs VON Consulting SRL active
View all jobs Monitoring Engineer active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
VON Consulting is an HR Consultancy company, providing solutions and services in the following areas: recruitment and executive search, personnel leasing, payroll, administration and training.Requirements
University degree in the field of engineering, mathematics or computer science, or equivalent experience including professional programming, testing or technical background.
- Good knowledge of Linux/Unix ecosystem and tools
- Basic understanding of networking topology and components of distributed web applications
- Basic understanding of SQL database design and operations; SQL syntax
- Understanding of commercial software development, testing and deployment processes
Any of the following would be a plus:
- Working experience with monitoring tools (like Grafana, Zabbix or Nagios)
- Batch scripting and automation skills
- Experience with Docker containers and Kubernetes platform
- Good understanding of security and key encryption mechanisms
- Experience in one of the object oriented programming languages (preferably: Java)
- The candidate must be curious, autonomous and highly motivated by new information technologies, as the tasks require performing in-depth technical tests with problem and root cause analysis.
- Communicative in English
- Strong analytical skills, systematic problem solving approach
- Communicate effectively and professionally with customers and other third party companies
- Ability to work and interact effectively in a distributed team environment.
- Harden platforms before they go live by reviewing their design and implementation, tuning configuration as well as developing auxiliary tools and necessary monitoring of critical health indicators
- Maintain platforms after go live by measuring and monitoring their availability, performance and overall system health
- Recover platforms during production incidents to meet targeted SLO; perform detailed root cause analysis to prevent regressions. 24/7 (shift-) work model
- Proactively seek improvements of non-functional requirements; cooperate with development teams to improve operational aspects of platforms under your responsibility
- Validate readiness and maturity of new rollouts through development, execution and verification of automated smoke test suites
- Provide technical expertise on company’s products and support processes to internal and external customers.
The SRE Monitoring Engineer is responsible for providing automated operations and preventive monitoring of SLA-critical production platforms.
SRE teams incorporate their technical background and engineering skillset in order to improve reliability, availability and efficiency of the services they operate on. Effectively, it’s “what happens when a software engineer is tasked with what used to be called operations”, as Ben Treynor stated when setting up SRE teams for Google’s search engine.