Oracle Database Administrator
Oracle Grid Infrastructure - Upgrade / Updates, Grid infrastructure comes with clusterware and ASM
2. Oracle OEM 13C
3. Oracle RAC 12C
4. Oracle Dataguard | Logical Standby | Physical Standy
5. Legato tool for backup
6. HP Data protect -- backup tool
(1) Creates and maintains all databases required for development, testing, education and production usage.
(2) Performs the capacity planning required to create and maintain the databases. The DBA works closely with system administration staff because computers often have applications or tools on them in addition to the Oracle Databases.
(3) Performs ongoing tuning of the database instances.
(4) Install new versions of the Oracle RDBMS and its tools and any other tools that access the Oracle database.
(5) Plans and implements backup and recovery of the Oracle database.
(6) Controls migrations of programs, database changes, reference data changes and menu changes through the development life cycle.
(7) Implements and enforces security for all of the Oracle Databases.
(8) Performs database re-organisation as required to assist performance and ensure maximum uptime of the database.
(9) Puts standards in place to ensure that all application design and code is produced with proper integrity, security and performance. The DBA will perform reviews on the design and code frequently to ensure the site standards are being adhered to.
(10) Evaluates releases of Oracle and its tools, and third party products to ensure that the site is running the products that are most appropriate. Planning is also performed by the DBA, along with the application developers and System administrators, to ensure that any new product usage or release upgrade takes place with minimal impact.
(11) Provides technical support to application development teams.
(12) Enforces and maintains database constraints to ensure integrity of the database.
(13) Administers all database objects, including tables, clusters, indexes, views, sequences, packages and procedures.
(14) Assists with impact analysis of any changes made to the database objects.
(15) Troubleshoots with problems regarding the databases, applications and development tools.
(16) Create new database users as required.
(17) Data Guard and Oracle replication creation, maintenance and troubleshooting for various environments