Embedded Systems Developer (New Ramp-up in Bucharest)
We are the leading technology recruitment and selection consultancy in Romania, working on highly specialized technologies for permanent and interim positions. Since our inception in 2001 as the first specialized IT recruitment agency in Romania we supported over 400 national and global clients in acquiring strategic IT talent for their business.
We are deeply passionate about technology and highly responsible about our work. We understand the pressure of the business and the fact that you need fast and quality results. Therefore we always go for the extra mile to deliver the best IT&C talent for your business, no matter how challenging the project may seem.
Our client is the leading provider of testing systems for networking and wireless services performance. For more than 30 years, our client’s visionaries have helped deploy, maintain, and optimize the most complex and powerful networks on the planet. From 1G to 5G, from the core to the network edge, their end-to-end solutions provide unprecedented visibility’ ensuring that customers enjoy the highest possible quality of experience and application performance.
Our client is now opening a new R&D center in Bucharest and is currently looking for an Embedded Systems Developer who would help the company to follow good software development processes and to take a product through the software development LifeCycle (Requirements, Design, Implementation, Test, Launch, and Maintenance).
Qualifications and Skills
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical/Electronics Engineering or related technical discipline
• 5 - 10 years of relevant work experience, including a minimum of 5 years of experience in embedded software design using the C/C++
• Experience with microcontrollers/FPGA/DSP, ARM processors
• Experience with software compilers and debugging tools
• Familiarity with Oscilloscopes, logic analyzers
• Self-motivated, detail oriented, strong team player
• Strong problem-solving skills and creative thinking
• Ability to prioritize, break down tasks and communicate in a dynamic environment
• Demonstrated initiative, drive, and interpersonal skills
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
Additional Skills Preferred:
• Master’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical/Electronics Engineering or related technical discipline
• Experience developing software using embedded frameworks
• Experience with Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS), Linux, Jira, Confluence, Git, SVN, Perforce
• Experience with communication protocols and tools (Wifi, Bluetooth, TCP/IP, Wireshark)
• Experience in Agile (Scrum), Waterfall methodology
• Experience in CATV industry
Responsibilities and Duties
• Design and develop firmware/software for new embedded products
• Develop code in C, C++, Qt
• Work with hardware engineers, Product line managers and other software engineers
• Test and debug firmware/software on the selected hardware platform
• Design and develop new software modules and create supporting documentation
• Architect and develop firmware with minimal direction and specification
• Support product development planning
• Act as a mentor