Embedded Software Engineer (New Ramp-up in Bucharest)
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Brainspotting active
View all jobs Embedded Software Engineer (New Ramp-up in Bucharest) active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Hardware active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
We are the leading technology recruitment and selection consultancy in Romania, working on highly specialized technologies for permanent and interim positions. Since our inception in 2001 as the first specialized IT recruitment agency in Romania we supported over 400 national and global clients in acquiring strategic IT talent for their business.
We are deeply passionate about technology and highly responsible about our work. We understand the pressure of the business and the fact that you need fast and quality results. Therefore we always go for the extra mile to deliver the best IT&C talent for your business, no matter how challenging the project may seem.
Our client has been pioneering solutions to enhance communication technologies for almost 100 years. They help their customers around the world optimize and maintain many of the world’s largest and most complex networks. Behind all the data that moves around the globe, are our client’s employees that see the big picture and who can untangle the complexities of global networks.
Their employees are also at the forefront of optical security – they bend light to develop and deliver optical solutions that provide security to the world’s currencies and safety and performance applications for consumer electronics and spectrometry.
This is what our client’s employees are called to do on a daily basis. In order to best enable their customers’ success, they rely on people who see opportunity where others see challenges and on people who enjoy collaborating with a diverse range of peers and look for workarounds when their first (or second) attempts don’t work.
Come work with them, where they’ll celebrate your unique expertise, drive and passion!
At the moment they are looking for an Embedded Software Engineer who would help the company to follow good software development processes and to take a product through the software development LifeCycle (Requirements, Design, Implementation, Test, Launch, Maintenance).
Qualifications and Skills
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical/Electronic Engineering or related technical discipline
• 5 - 10 years of relevant work experience, including a minimum of 5 years of experience in embedded software design using the C/C++
• Experience with microcontrollers/FPGA/DSP, ARM processors
• Experience with software compilers and debugging tools
• Familiarity with Oscilloscopes, logic analyzers
• Self-motivated, detail oriented, strong team player
• Strong problem-solving skills and creative thinking
• Ability to prioritize, break down tasks and communicate in a dynamic environment
• Demonstrated initiative, drive, and interpersonal skills
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
Additional Skills Preferred
• Experience developing software using embedded frameworks
• Experience with Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS), Linux, Jira, Confluence, Git, SVN, Perforce
• Experience with communication protocols and tools (Wifi, Bluetooth, TCP/IP, Wireshark)
• Experience in Agile (Scrum), Waterfall methodology
• Experience in CATV industry
• Experience with FreeRTOS would be a bonus
o Design and develop firmware/software for new embedded products
o Develop code in C, C++, Qt
o Work with hardware engineers, product line managers and other software engineers
o Test and debug firmware/software on the selected hardware platform
o Design and develop new software modules and create supporting documentation
o Architect and develop firmware with minimal direction and specification
o Support product development planning
o Act as a mentor
Our client believes superior performance – individual and team – that helps them drive innovations and solutions should be recognized and rewarded. Along with the chance to “make things no one else can” (their employees’ words), they provide a competitive compensation and benefits programs to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it’s flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
If you have what it takes to push boundaries and see opportunities, apply to join their team today!