Job Function: Information Technology
The Vertiv Service business is designed to provide full life-cycle service support for our customers and as such is a core part of the Vertiv market offering. Advances in not only digital control and monitoring techniques, within equipment, but also with site data collection tools (Field engineer reporting and site monitoring) has resulted in significant amounts of data being created during the life cycle of Critical Infrastructure equipment. or the ongoing success of the service business it is essential that this data is fully utilized to provide new revenue streams for the business as well as driving operational cost improvements for both Vertiv and our customers.
The role of the Regional Data Analysts will be to work within the wider data management architecture to deliver meaningful and considered output for use by the business and its customers. This could be in the format of white paper reports on particular equipment performance, bench marking statistics for site/ equipment status reports, operational performance statistics, contract specific equipment performance for predictive maintenance planning, maintenance cost analysis for Infrastructure as a Service contracts.
· Define, with the subject matter and product specialists, the data to collect from the systems and site process sold and utilised by Vertiv;
· Interpret the data, analyse results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports that will convert into business opportunities;
· Work with Management Systems leaders (Product Management and Marketing) and with the experts in the different technologies to prioritise business and information needs;
· Actively work with the Center of Expertise leaders (Thermal, AC and DC power, Batteries, Generators) to identify the needs for data collection at system, site and network level;
· Collaborate with the Monitoring solution architects to assure the efficiency of the data collection in different projects and solutions;
· Define strategies to optimise statistics in terms of efficiency and quality, including filter and clean data defining KPI’s to identify problems at data base level;
· Collect feedback from Technical experts to improve the reports and data collection and verify that the improvements suggested have achieved the expected results.
Degree in Math’s, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science or other quantitative field;
Working experience for minimum 3-4 years as a data analyst or business data analyst preferably oriented to IoT and M2M environments;
Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques;
Expert with Excel;
Modeling skills to represent requirements information in graphical forms that augment text representations;
Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organise, analyse, and disseminate significant amounts of information from different technical environments;
Knowledge and capability to understand specific applications in the Data Center, Telecom, Industrial and Edge segments;
Strong Communication skills;
Fluent English speaker, other languages as Spanish, French or German would be a benefit.
At Vertiv, we offer the stability of a global leader in a growing industry and the opportunity of a startup.
We design, manufacture and service the mission-critical infrastructure technologies for vital applications in data centers, communication networks and commercial and industrial environments. With $4.4 billion in sales, a strong customer base and global reach in nearly 70 countries, our move to establish a standalone business enables us to deliver greater value to our customers and create new opportunities for our people.
Whether you’re an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or recently received your MBA degree, you’ll find a variety of opportunities at Vertiv. Explore them now and join our team of 19,000 employees in making the future of our customers’ business possible.