Internship Finance VAT Analyst
At Kellogg's we have a vision of enriching and delighting the world through foods and brands that matter; with the purpose of nourishing families so that they can flourish and thrive.
Our Vision and Purpose are at the heart of everything we do. Simple yet powerful, they define why we're here and where we're going - made possible by the extraordinary talent of everyone who works here. People like you. Our heritage, through the inspiration of W.K. Kellogg, continues to drive our company and keeps us committed to creating a stronger future every day, by putting people first in everything we do.
Operating in more than 180 countries, across 6 continents, with dedication and passion from each and every one of our 30,000 employees, we are extremely proud of our ever growing portfolio of over 1,600 food products, which include iconic brands such as Pringles, Frosties, Special K and Corn Flakes.
Our company is a place where innovation lives on, where we never stop learning and where we’re excited about tomorrow. It is this belief that brings us together and sets us apart.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
The VAT Analyst is responsible for performing a diverse set of work activities included in the end-to-end Record to Report (RTR) process.
Main responsibilities are:
- Prepare and review in an accurate and timely manner the calculations for the VAT returns, Intrastat and EC sales declarations for the entities assigned and submit in due time the tax declarations to tax authorities
- Ensure timely payment and recovery of VAT balances
- Interact with and provide VAT support for the relevant local markets/direct tax teams
- Provide support and required documentation in a timely manner, in case of internal and external audits or tax requests
- Identify, prioritize, escalate and propose solutions for the issues surrounding VAT.
- Prevent misstatement of VAT balances by performing timely and comprehensive reviews of VAT balance sheet reconciliations.
- Initiate and support the implementation of process improvements and ad hoc VAT projects as directed by line manager
- Internal peer relationships:
- Primary relationship is with the Local Business to ensure that VAT is correctly accounted for and reported correctly
- Liaise with other team in the Regional Service Centre and Local Markets regarding VAT audits/specific issues.
- Liaise with other Kellogg teams including ,Tax & Treasury, Controls and Legal
- Student or Bachelor Degree in Economics/ Finance and Accounting or Tax areas
- Fluent in English plus at least one of the following: Spanish, Italian, French, German, or other Nordic language
- Good understanding of the VAT and economics basic principles
- Willingness to work to tight deadlines, attention to details, good analytical skills
- Good communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Excel- it will be a plus
- Experience or exposure to tax matters from a previous internship or practice stage – it will be a plus
WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW?
Please note that we will only accept applications that are made to us via our Careers site.
If you experience any difficulty when applying please contact myHR @ kellogg.com
Please note that the closing date may be subject to change. We will interview suitable candidates as they apply, so please don’t hesitate to take this opportunity to submit your application as soon as possible.
If you would like to be immediately notified of new Kellogg's opportunities, please go to ‘Create or access my profile’ and complete the information required in the ‘Job Alerts’ section. You will then receive email alerts as soon as new jobs are advertised.
The Kellogg Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer who strives to provide an inclusive work environment that involves everyone and embraces the diverse talent of its people.