Senior Scheduler- Audit Delivery Center
Deloitte is the brand under which tens of thousands of dedicated professionals in independent firms throughout the world collaborate to provide audit, consulting, financial advisory, risk management, and tax services to selected clients.
With access to the intellectual capital of approximately 200,000 people worldwide, member firms focus on client service through a global strategy executed locally in nearly 150 countries. The Romanian office was established in 1992 and nowadays it employs over 600 professionals and provides services to diverse range of local and international clients.
As the firm of choice professional services clients, Deloitte is also the firm of choice for for outstanding professional talent. To uphold our first class reputation and sustain our rapid growth, we are constantly seeking people who can meet the challenges of our working environment.
At Deloitte we value innovative thinking, diverse insights and we strive to offer an exceptional level of customer service through our expertise and professionalism. From the supportive and collaborative culture to the progressive learning and development, you'll experience from day one why Deloitte is a place thousands enjoy working.
Visit now our career website https://jobs2.deloitte.com/ro/en/ to find more about career opportunities, working with us, benefits & culture, and Learning & Development programs.
Regional Audit Delivery Centres (RADC) support Audit and Assurance engagement teams with the completion of Audit processes and engagement support administrative activity as part of the wider Audit Transformational Programme.
The RADCs are designed to support teams across the audit engagement lifecycle through providing a range of support services to reduce the levels of administrative work placed on practitioners. RADCs support more efficient and cost effective working practices, whilst improving quality standards. The activity undertaken within the Centres will evolve as they become embedded into the audit life cycle and as Deloitte Way Workflows are launched and implemented.
The success of Audit Transformation is reliant on effective change management at all levels in Member Firms and you will play a pivotal role in influencing and transforming how audit work is undertaken in the future at a Global level. You will be part of a Team that will contribute to developing best practise and be key in driving continuous improvement within the Centers.
To qualify for the role you must have:
• University graduate of any faculty – Bachelor’s or Master’s degree;
• Fluent in English (knowledge of other languages will be an asset);
• Excellent command of Microsoft Excel and Reporting tools;
• Proficiency in working with different IT tools and ability to learn new technologies effectively;
• Operational experience with specific knowledge around managing high volume workflow within tight deadlines
• An ability to lead, develop and mentor a team
• Able to display initiative, proactivity, professionalism and confidence
• Diligence, hardworking and co-operation to be an effective member of the team
• Articulate and able to demonstrate discretion
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to prioritize workload and work under pressure with a flexible approach
• Ability to problem solve and think logically
This role is key in supporting Audit Delivery Centre in delivering strategic goals and objectives in regards to Reporting and Work Planning.You will have the opportunity to become subject matter specialist, to develop best practice and to play a key role in helping deliver a high quality service to our clients.
ADC’s have been set up as part of a wider transformational change programme to enable change to the audit end to end process across Deloitte. The centre is used by On-site Teams across the globe to perform specific tasks as part of the audit service provided to clients.
The Resource manager is responsible for co-ordinating the team of schedulers, who monitor workflow within the centre levels, as well as the progress and completion of activity. This role is an important in supporting the centre to work in an effective way to deliver high quality outputs. One of the key components of this role is to ensure the successful performance of your team, focusing ensuring high quality, effectiveness at operational line management and contributing to continuous improvement.
This role is an ideal opportunity for someone wishing to understand the wider processes of business operations and will have lots of interaction with multiple stakeholders. It is most suited to someone who wants to develop and enhance their planning & co-ordination skills alongside strengthening their communication and customer relation skills.
You will have excellent exposure to key contacts across local teams constantly calibrating with Senior Leads and Team Leaders within their area of responsibility. You will develop strong, adaptable, management skills in an international setting enabling you to enhance highly desirable skills required in the global employment market.
The primary responsibilities of the Resource Manager are detailed below, although this is not an exhaustive list and we expect some evolution of responsibilities as the ADCs become fully embedded within the Audit service line.
• Managing a team of schedulers and coordinating the work thereof. Their role is to ensure requests received from on-site teams are complete and schedule the requests across the various teams to maximise capacity.
• Interacting with the managers of each team to confirm status of workload and solve high level issues regarding work planning and allocation
• Managing workflow to ensure all deadlines are met, with review of capacity and redistribution of requests where needed to allow the best possible distribution of the work
• Managing and periodically reviewing access rights of team members to the IT systems used in delivery of audit work
• Running daily and weekly management information reports to ensure team members and reviewers are fully utilized, as well as to raise alerts if issues with meeting deadlines are identified
• Running and creating ad hoc reports to meet operational needs or requests from our customers
• Managing and dealing with any issues raised by our on-site teams or local managers, ensuring timely response and working in partnership with them to resolve.
• Building relationships with the key stakeholders from Member firms and acting as the first point of contact for escalated queries regarding planning and allocation of work, and leading the root cause analysis process if required
• Participating in a customised training programme as well as coaching by others to become more independent and acquire technical know-how.
• Delivering and executing your work to the highest standard, taking ownership for your allocated tasks and completing them within stated timelines.
• Liaising with other ADC’s to manage centre overflow of work
• Involvement in improving current processes to make us best in class, this includes looking at new and innovative ways of working
• Ensuring your team achieve their targets, identifying performance gaps and, through effective use of talent standards, supporting the team to address these. Managing leave requests while ensuring there is still capacity to ensure continuity of the scheduling process
• Support with the implementation of new systems and process and manage the interaction between the ADCs and user Member Firms.
• Be pro-active in identifying and raising risks and escalate where required.
The role will be reporting into the Operations Manager, the successful candidates will be based in Bucharest, managing a small team for ensuring daily work allocation tasks and reporting requirements.
What we offer:
• Competitive salary and benefits package
• Modern offices with excellent facilities
• Good work-life balance – predictable working hours
• Office-based job with limited/no travel
• Working in a multi-national environment with Deloitte professionals from across Europe