Analyst - Transactions Tax team
Deloitte is the brand under which tens of thousands of dedicated professionals in independent firms throughout the world collaborate to provide audit, consulting, financial advisory, risk management, and tax services to selected clients.
With access to the intellectual capital of approximately 200,000 people worldwide, member firms focus on client service through a global strategy executed locally in nearly 150 countries. The Romanian office was established in 1992 and nowadays it employs over 600 professionals and provides services to diverse range of local and international clients.
As the firm of choice professional services clients, Deloitte is also the firm of choice for for outstanding professional talent. To uphold our first class reputation and sustain our rapid growth, we are constantly seeking people who can meet the challenges of our working environment.
At Deloitte we value innovative thinking, diverse insights and we strive to offer an exceptional level of customer service through our expertise and professionalism. From the supportive and collaborative culture to the progressive learning and development, you'll experience from day one why Deloitte is a place thousands enjoy working.
Visit now our career website https://jobs2.deloitte.com/ro/en/ to find more about career opportunities, working with us, benefits & culture, and Learning & Development programs.
This is a great opportunity for an Analyst to join the Deloitte Transactions Tax team in Bucharest. This is a new team being established to operate as an extension, and integral part, of the well-established and market-leading Deloitte UK Transactions Tax team. That team counts amongst its clients many of the world’s largest and most influential financial investors and many well-known blue chip corporate clients, delivering on many of the largest corporate and property transactions in Europe.
Our diverse client base includes global private equity houses, institutional investors such as pension and sovereign wealth funds, multi-national companies and emerging capital providers. We work on all aspects of the deal cycle from due diligence services, structuring, input into transaction agreements and financing documents, post-acquisition implementation and reorganisations, on-going advice to portfolio companies and preparation for sale. The Bucharest team is an essential part of our ambitious growth plans.
Your role will be key to the day to day delivery of transaction support to our clients. You will work with a local team of Engagement Managers and Consultants in Bucharest in support of the Transactions Tax business in the UK. You will have the opportunity to work on large engagements and be involved with a wide variety of activities within the team.
This is a non-tax technical role, supporting the Bucharest team on delivering key parts of the team’s services, typically ensuring our advice is delivered effectively and on time in what is often a fast-moving and pressured environment. As Analyst you will develop your commercial awareness and professional expertise, supported by the skills and expertise of others, to deliver the best possible experiences and outcomes for our clients.
Standard working hours would be 10:00 to 19:00, Bucharest time.
You will be based in Bucharest, but occasional travel to the UK would be expected from time to time.
• Support the local team on any given assigned transaction and take responsibility for delivering elements within the engagement, reporting to the relevant Consultant and Engagement Manager
• Execute engagements on time, while ensuring proactive, timely and up to date communication with team members in the UK and Bucharest
• Prepare work to high quality standards and development your own skills & knowledge
• Prepare first drafts of deliverables for clients using MS Office documents (including Word, PowerPoint and Excel) and leveraging technology solutions and templates, based on inputs from knowledge management database, phone and email
• Handle amendments to deliverables based on emailed comments and mark-up, including judgement as to which resource is best suited given complexity and timing restraints of each task
• Analyse and working with data, identify missing information.
• Pro-actively seek clarification and additional information from Bucharest and UK team members where required to complete tasks
• Carry out tasks both directly in response to requests received and pro-actively following up on past requests
To qualify for the role you must have:
• Bachelor’s degree in language or business-relevant subject
• Fluency in spoken and written English (level C1)
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Word, PowerPoint and Excel
• Good communication skills for both internal and external discussions
• No prior tax knowledge required
We are Tax
Our business spans the full range of tax activities and by integrating these specialist areas when forging a team for the client, we can deliver the best advice to that client, wherever in the world they operate. Internally, the tax department is split into three main areas: Business Tax, Indirect Tax and Global Employer Services.
Our consultative approach adds significant value to our clients’ businesses and makes a tangible difference to their profits. As a result, you’ll get to work with a variety of clients, across a wide range of industry sectors, from large multinational companies to entrepreneurs and other high net worth individuals. This variety of work means you’ll gain broad and in-depth knowledge of business. As well as providing coaching in key financial, business, consulting and legal skills, we’ll also give you all the support you need to gain valuable professional qualifications.