Analyst/Junior Consultant (Business Tax Center)
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Deloitte Romania active
View all jobs Analyst/Junior Consultant (Business Tax Center) active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Accounting - Finance active on Hipo.ro
Deloitte is the brand under which tens of thousands of dedicated professionals in independent firms throughout the world collaborate to provide audit, consulting, financial advisory, risk management, and tax services to selected clients.
With access to the intellectual capital of approximately 200,000 people worldwide, member firms focus on client service through a global strategy executed locally in nearly 150 countries. The Romanian office was established in 1992 and nowadays it employs over 600 professionals and provides services to diverse range of local and international clients.
As the firm of choice professional services clients, Deloitte is also the firm of choice for for outstanding professional talent. To uphold our first class reputation and sustain our rapid growth, we are constantly seeking people who can meet the challenges of our working environment.
At Deloitte we value innovative thinking, diverse insights and we strive to offer an exceptional level of customer service through our expertise and professionalism. From the supportive and collaborative culture to the progressive learning and development, you'll experience from day one why Deloitte is a place thousands enjoy working.
Visit now our career website https://jobs2.deloitte.com/ro/en/ to find more about career opportunities, working with us, benefits & culture, and Learning & Development programs.
We are looking for a Costing Analyst/Junior Consultant to join Deloitte’s growing Global Investment and Innovative Incentives (GI3) group, Romanian team.
Deloitte's GI3 group is comprised of Research and Development (R&D), Tax Depreciation and Patent Box teams offering a wide range of services in a seamless approach. You will join a dynamic international group containing technical (IT, engineering, surveyors) specialists and tax professionals. Your role will be to use tax and data analysis knowledge to assist some of the UK’s most influential companies in obtaining tax incentives and relief.
Our GI3 group offers an excellent opportunity for professional and personal development in a challenging and stimulating environment. The nature of the group, with tax professionals, accountants, lawyers to technologists from many domains, means that there is a mix of experiences and backgrounds resulting in a unique group dynamic. As you work with various people on your mix of projects you will find that you are constantly learning and being exposed to skills that other firms cannot offer. Within Deloitte in the UK, the GI3 Group is regarded as one of the most diverse service lines with a reputation for being proactive, successful and fun to work with. The group encourages a progressive and open working environment with the emphasis on promoting individuals strengths and skills within a collaborative atmosphere.
The R&D team deals with UK R&D claims for clients ranging from small privately owned companies to FTSE 100 and multinational groups. Deloitte’s R&D Tax Services group is the acknowledged market leader in helping clients secure these incentives and we are the largest team globally providing services in this domain.
The Tax Depreciation team is one of the largest specialist capital allowances practices of its kind in the UK, offering a combination of skills including tax technical, surveying and accounting advice. Similarly, the Patent Box team have unrivalled experience and offer a wider ranging service to our clients, including tax technical, patent attorney and accounting advice. Both teams have an impressive track record across all industry sectors, as well as being innovative and at the forefront of the development of technologies to aid the preparation of claims.
This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated and enthusiastic individual to join our GI3 group, working across the three service areas as an analyst/junior consultant.
To qualify for the role you must have:
• Fluency in spoken and written English (level C1)
• Bachelor’s degree in language or business-relevant subject (Tax, Accounting or Finance preferable)
• Strong communication skills with the ability to discuss project work whilst working remotely with UK Tax team and clients.
• Excel and Microsoft Work skills highly desirable
• Strong team skills, with a willingness to work remotely with a UK based team
• Ability to prioritize and manage tasks while working simultaneously on multiple engagements while consistently achieving delivery milestones with superior quality.
• Prior experience with client interactions and discussions would be highly desirable.
• Professional attitude and demeanor to proactively develop relationships with team members in overseas offices.
Research and Development
• Work with the clients' finance staff to identify and collate the associated qualifying costs;
• Interpret the tax rules governing the relief to ensure that only appropriate costs are included;
• Work with technical engineers from the UK to ensure that the eligible activities are appropriately matched to the relevant costs;
• Prepare the detailed analyses to support the figures included in the claim;
• Plan, organize and execute engagements on time and to budget, while ensuring proactive, timely and up to date communication with team members in the UK.
• Support the more senior members of the group with the preparation of responses to HMRC enquiries and business development opportunities.
• Prepare tax depreciation claims for a varied client base, ranging from FTSE 100 clients to small businesses, for submission to HM Revenue & Customs.
• Manipulate client fixed asset ledgers (or similar) data where necessary to restructure the format of the data so it can be easily analysed through the use of technology, using Deloitte’s proprietary Acuity software platform.
• Assist in drafting an entitlement memo by reviewing legal documentation (such as sale and purchase agreements, leases and contribution agreements) and the tax legislation to identify a company's entitlement to claim capital allowances.
• Review available documentation and supplement any deficiencies through the preparation of an information request which will be sent to the client, and where further information is not available use surveying/building reconstruction skills to arrive at defendable values for assets
• Draft a transmittal/submission letter to be issued to the client in relation to the capital allowances claim.
• Work with our Tax Management Consulting colleagues to include the final capital allowances claims into the corporate tax computations where required.
• Prepare Patent Box tax relief claims for a varied client base, ranging from FTSE 100 clients to small businesses, for submission to HM Revenue & Customs.
• Analyse costs in the clients’ tax computations and/or management accounts to enable accurate computation of the Routine Return adjustment, often using Deloitte’s proprietary Acuity software platform.
• Manipulate clients’ financial information into a format suitable for calculation of the patent box claims.
• Assist our UK patent attorneys (or other members of the engagement teams where appropriate) to map clients’ income/sales to their patented technology.
• Assist in drafting a report which summarises the claim methodology and eligibility requirements (which may use Deloitte’s technology tools).
• Draft a transmittal/submission letter to be issued to the client in relation to the patent box claims.
• Work with our Tax Management Consulting colleagues to include the final Patent Box claims into the corporate tax computations where required.
We will provide:
• The necessary training and support to be a successful Research and Development, Tax Depreciation and Patent Box analyst/junior consultant
• Developmental support throughout you career
• Full integration with the on-shore team e.g. inclusion in workload calls, online training etc
• An exciting opportunity to work in a team at the forefront of technological innovation
Estimated start date: mid-late September