Applications Support Administrator
With over 4000 employees, Cegeka is one of the most important independent ICT providers in the Benelux (Belgium, the Netherlands, and Luxembourg). We help our customers with the development and implementation of applications, infrastructure, managed services, outsourcing, user support, desktop management, technical on-site support and consultancy. With our own data centers in Belgium and the Netherlands, we are ready for the future and for new business models, and so are our customers.
In addition to the offices in Belgium, Netherlands, Italy, Poland, on the Romanian Market, Cegeka has two offices: one in Bucharest and one in Iasi, with more than 400 employees.
We have 3 Business Units: SOFAR – Software Factory Romania; CGMS – Cegeka Global Managed Services Center; STAID - Shared Technology and Infrastructure Delivery.
At SOFAR, our division that deals with software development, the highest number of employees consists of Java, .NET, PHP, Mobile, SharePoint, Computer Vision, Blockchain Developers, reason for which main recruitment focus for this division is also placed on similar profiles.
At CGMSC, our division that deals with infrastructure management, most of the employees are involved in support activities on various environments and technologies, among which we can identify Windows Servers, Linux/Unix, Citrix, VMware etc.
Within STAID, we provide technical support and tools’ configuration through multicultural teams (Romanian and Belgian), that work with and on Networking, Python, MSSql or various security platforms.
Are you authentic, involved, committed and eager to learn? Then you are the best fit to our team of professionals.
We are eager to meet you and answer your questions. See you soon!
We are looking for an Applications Support Administrator to be part of a team that supports service process applications used by one of our customers, a major player in the banking industry. The team will have 8 members in Romania, who will collaborate with other technical teams, for making sure that critical applications are up and running.
As a member of this Team, you will be involved in configuring options and security of the different tools, developing new features in the tools and delivering 3rd line support for incidents.
We offer 24/7/365 support and availability to our customers, therefore you will be working in shifts covering 8 am – 8 pm business range. The team has day shifts, the duration of a shift being of 8h30min (break included). In addition to those shifts that require your presence in the office, every engineer also performs stand-by shifts, designed to cover the critical issues that can arise during weekends or during the night. We also have a companywide working from home policy in place.
Our service delivery model follows the ITIL framework, which means that we respect specific standards for the procedures and operational flow we have in place, which are implemented corporate-wide. From a governance perspective, our management team ensures recurrent 1to1 and team meetings are organized to support both the growth and development of our team members, as well as to provide transparency and context for the business decisions and overall direction.
You have knowledge of or are eager to learn about solutions such as:
Knowledge of one or more web application servers
Databases (Oracle, MySQL)
Middleware components (MQ, file transfers)
Good server OS knowledge (Linux, Windows)
• Programming and scripting skills for infrastructure management:
Unix shell scripting
Perl scripting (nice to have)
Java (nice to have)
What we expect from you:
• BSc in IT or equivalent through experience
• You have 3-5 years of experience in the IT&C field
• You are friendly and professional in dealing with the customer and are able to demonstrate customer focus
• You have a strong desire to work in a collaborative environment
• Have a strong desire to adopt new technologies and keep the pace with an ever growing customer and technology base
• Able to identify process improvement opportunities
• Bring structure in your work
• Be result-driven with a keen eye for quality
• Familiar with the ITIL Framework (Certification is a plus) Adapt to constant changing business priorities
• You are stress resistant and can cope with SLAs and deadlines Be open to improvement and committed to taking initiative
• Be passionate towards the IT industry and interested in self-development Have strong team spirit and get involved in the development of the team Be punctual and flexible
• Be willing to listen, learn and share your knowledge with the team Excellent English skills, both written and verbal
• Be a colleague and not only a team member
• Proactively contribute to building and maintaining a focused and positive atmosphere within the team
What you will do:
• Install and maintain various systems and software, covering the correspondent administrative actions as well
• Automate tasks that are currently performed manually
• Assisst in the technical projects, providing the necessary installations and configurations of the hardware and system software
• Investigate the internal client’s IT environment in a proactive and critical manner, making the necessary improvement proposals
• You will create and review procedures, making sure that they are always correct and up-to-date Offer 3rd line support for incidents in a timely manner
• Take care of the service on the basis of a turn roll
• Ensure timely and qualitative delivery according to the release process and perform the necessary follow-up on this
• Accurate ticket documentation of the support request and troubleshooting steps taken Take ownership and responsibility for all your assignments
• Interact with the customer, by positively exposing Cegeka during the direct communication with customers
• Work in close collaboration with your colleagues and customer to ensure that service delivery is at the highest standard
• Work in accordance with the Cegeka quality standards, procedures, processes and internal regulations
• Attend trainings and team meetings
• Respect deadlines and procedures agreed at team level or with the customer
• Bring your contribution to ensure that the SLAs are met
What we offer:
• We leave you room to balance your work and private life - 22 days as annual vacation, plus extra days according to internal policies
• Private medical subscription, you can choose from 2 providers
• Meal tickets
• Free Gym Subscription - fitness, aerobic, pool (according to internal policies)
• Preferential rates to 7Card subscription
• Massage within the company premises (according to internal policies)
• Team events (team-buildings, team hangouts, Christmas party, etc.)
• Relaxation room (foosball, darts, board games, X-box, etc.)
• Access to various training programs (soft and hard skills trainings, according to the internal training policies)
• Continuous learning and improvement activities
• Being part of a growing organization with Belgian roots