Team Leader - Audit Delivery Center
Who we are
Deloitte is the brand under which tens of thousands of dedicated professionals in independent firms throughout the world collaborate to provide audit, consulting, financial advisory, risk management, and tax services to selected clients. At Deloitte we value innovative thinking, diverse insights and we strive to offer an exceptional level of customer service through our expertise and professionalism. From the supportive and collaborative culture to the progressive learning and development, you'll experience from day one why Deloitte is a place thousands enjoy working.
About the role
This role provides an exciting opportunity to gain International experience in our Audit Delivery Center in Bucharest. This role is key in supporting Audit to deliver the strategic Go Global and Audit Transformation goals. This role requires a balance of utilising your technical knowledge and translating this in a leadership capacity. The key component of this role is to ensure the successful performance of your team, focusing on reviewing and ensuring high quality, be effective at operational line management and contribute to continuous improvement.
You will be provided with the opportunity to deliver global audit strategy with excellent exposure to key contacts across UK and other firms. You will develop strong, adaptable, management and leadership skills in an international setting enabling you to develop a highly desirable skill in a global employment market.
The role will include developing the team through management and training and establishing how the team runs through implementation of processes and procedures that support the operation. This will include providing and receiving feedback on improvements to processes and procedures that support operations and we will rely on you to show initiative, be proactive and work independently to solve problems.
Who you are
To qualify for the role you must have:
- A professional accounting qualification (ACA or equivalent);
- Previous auditing experience;
- Previous line management experience is advantageous;
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills including good consultative and negotiation skills;
- Excellent relationships building skills ;
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills;
- Experience in identifying key risks, respective control strategies and ability to assess good control design;
- Strong sense of ownership accountability and drive to deliver quality outcomes;
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively, with emerging coaching and development capability;
- For internal candidates a minimum of a Strong rating in your most recent performance appraisal assessment. If external able to demonstrate achievements in last appraisal year.
- Demonstrated a commitment to developing yourself and others.
Work you'll do
The primary responsibilities of the Team Leader are detailed below, although this is not an exhaustive list and we expect some evolution of responsibilities as the RADC’s becomes fully embedded within the Audit service line. Responsibilities include:
- Managing and optimising your team’s workflow and utilisation to ensure the allocation, completion and delivery of audit package work is to a high standard and quality within an appropriate time frame.
- Ensuring your team achieve their KPIs, identifying performance gaps and, through effective use of talent standards, supporting the team to address these.
- Supporting, advising and monitoring team members in the completion and delivery of a range of audit tasks and undertaking detailed reviews of their work.
- Building relationships with your Member firms and acting as the overarching point of contact for engagement teams in relation to the completion and delivery of audit work.
- Manage and deal with any issues raised by your engagement teams ensuring timely response and working in partnership with them to resolve.
- Pro-active day to day management of your team to include monitoring team attendance and addressing any issues, completion of return to work discussions after sickness absence, correct allocation and booking of annual leave in adherence to local procedures.
- Pro-active management and monitoring of performance and address early concerns coaching and escalating where required.
- Monitoring staff welfare and support needs and addressing any potential issues seeking support if required.
- Acting as a Team Leader and Coach for team members and collating appropriate performance related materials for formal performance reviews.
- Assist with the development, review and delivery of training to your team providing guidance and mentorship to the center.
- Working effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
- Participate in the recruitment process, interviewing potential new starters and supporting with the review of assessment center/tests as required.
- Support with the implementation of the case management system (“the RADC Portal”) to manage the interaction between the RADCs and user MFs.
- Be pro-active in identifying and raising risks and escalate where required.
- Support and implement changes to audit work papers as Deloitte Way Workflow progress, highlighting any areas for further improvement.
- Helping to promote the delivery center through presentations and other marketing activity for chosen [Name of engaging firm] offices.
- Deputise for and assist the Center Operations Manager as and when required.
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Modern offices with excellent facilities
- Good work-life balance – predictable working hours
- Office-based job with limited/no travel
- Working in a multi-national environment with Deloitte professionals from across Europe
- Extensive training and the possibility of acquiring external qualifications
- Opportunity for a career in Finance for a non-Finance & Accounting graduate
Join Deloitte Audit Delivery Center today!