HPE Internship Programme-Java Development-6 months
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an industry leading Technology Company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise offers university students the opportunity to join a leading IT company and gain invaluable experience through our Internship Program. Hewlett Packard Enterprise offers you a highly dynamic, fast-paced, professional working environment and the chance to develop the skills you have gained at university in a real business environment. During your internship you will not only apply these skills in the IT industry, but also acquire a range of abilities to contribute to the business whilst working alongside industry professionals.
Our internship program will consist of on boarding trainings, one-to-one coaching with buddy assignments and interaction with colleagues and interns in different countries across the region (Central Eastern Europe, Middle East & Africa). Interns will have the chance to be involved in certain critical daily operations, as well as to take part in long term projects.
We are looking for interns with Java software development exposure to join us on various development projects and assist with activities like: writing code hands-on, solution design, technical presentations, event participation, trainings etc. Software development is performed using the SCRUM (Agile) methodology or Waterfall - depending of the project.
- Participation in Java software development for various applications in all stages in the software development life-cycle, implementation and unit testing of new functionalities, hot-fixes, solving production incidents; analysis and design for software changes, functional use cases and requirements
- Release management
- Support in the acceptance phase, support for issues
- Communication with the project team and with the client
- High achievers who are enrolled in university and perusing a Bachelor or Master Degree, IT / Electrical Engineering fields, final year preferred
- Basic know-how in the development, deployment and operation of Java enterprise applications
- Some exposure to full-stack Java software development, Java frameworks and application servers, responsive JS (Angular/Node/React.js), git, maven, gradle, JIRA, other modern technologies
- Basic understanding of MVC design patterns, SQL/NoSQL DBs, Linux, containerization, virtualization
- An open-minded, solution-oriented and pleasant, team-capable personality
- Very good communication and presentation skills, ability to present
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, general administrative, reporting or project support related experience is preferable
- Strong interest in working in IT industry
Why internship @ HPE?
- Great company culture and colleagues
- Competitive remuneration & benefits package
- Access to various trainings and unlimited options for development
- Opportunity to learn from the best in the field
What you should know about HPE?
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is one of the world's largest technology companies. An American multinational and Fortune 500 company Hewlett Packard Enterprise has industry-leading positions in servers, storage, wired and wireless networking, converged systems, software, services and cloud. Hewlett Packard has been in the innovation business for more than 75 years. Our vast intellectual property portfolio and global research and development capabilities are part of an innovation road-map designed to help organizations of all sizes – from global enterprises to local startups – transition from traditional technology platforms to the IT systems of the future.