Junior Logistics Consultant – Pricing
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Expeditors active
View all jobs Junior Logistics Consultant – Pricing active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Acquisitions - Logistics - Supplies active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Customer Support - Client Service active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Import - Export active on Hipo.ro
Expeditors is a global logistics company headquartered in Seattle, Washington. As a Fortune 500 company, we employ professionals in a worldwide network of over 300 locations across six continents. Expeditors satisfies the increasingly sophisticated needs of international trade through customized solutions and seamless, integrated information systems.
Global supply chain management is what we do, but at the heart of Expeditors you will find professionalism, leadership, and a friendly environment, all of which foster an innovative, customer service-based approach to logistics. Our industry professionals, award winning processes and globally unified systems ensure that we always live up to our promise, “You’d be surprised how far we’ll go for you.”
What is required from you?
• 0 to 2 years related working experience in logistics
• Having experience in pricing and knowledge of the market (preferred);
• Understanding of transport documentation process (preferred);
• Attention to detail should be a natural characteristic;
• Must have the ability to prioritize and work with deadlines;
• Good knowledge and understanding of Incoterms;
• Be a team player and have the ability to listen, comprehend and effectively communicate to obtain positive results;
• Pro-active and strong organizational skills;
• Good computer skills (Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook);
• Be able to write and speak in English (advanced).
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for answering RFQs' (request for quotation) for international air, ocean and road transports;
• Manage deadlines that are set by our Customers and communicate efficiently with them as per our Operational Performance Standards;
• Be in close contact with our Account Management team in order to handle on time the requests that are coming in from their accounts regarding pricing (Import & Export);
• Stay in close contact with our Product Managers and our Regional Pricing team in order to be on top of every request;
• Follow up with customers on provided ad-hoc quotes;
• Maintain contact with bid owners to support and follow up on RFQs' results;
• Follow up on every RFQs' from customers with the Pricing Team;
• Maintain close communication with the Regional Pricing team and the carriers in regards to the latest rates updates in order to keep our prices competitive;
• Make sure that pricing is up to date and distributed within our network and to our customers;
• Be able to provide insurance rates/quotes to customers when requested;
• Maintaining good and close communication with our customer service teams on a daily basis.
What we offer:
- Private Medical Insurance
- Meal Tickets
- Bonuses based on Performance
- Training and Personnel Development Program