Big Data Support Developer
Enter the homeland of many epic games and be part of our world. Ubisoft is a place where creativity, passion and innovation are the driving force and over 1800 people are at its core.
Ubisoft is a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services, with a rich portfolio of world-renowned brands, including Assassin’s Creed, Just Dance, Tom Clancy’s video game series, Rayman, Far Cry and Watch Dogs. The teams throughout Ubisoft’s worldwide network of studios and business offices are committed to delivering original and memorable gaming experiences across all popular platforms, including consoles, mobile phones, tablets and PCs. Today it became an exciting success story, with a strong history of titles such as Silent Hunter, Blazing Angels, H.A.W.X, Just Dance, Assassin’s Creed, Ghost Recon or Watch Dogs.
Ubisoft Romania is the first Ubisoft production studio outside France. The Romanian adventure, which began in 1992, has turned into an exciting success story where Production, Test and IT Department are its driving force.
Come and join our team of over 1800 professionals and help us create highly appreciated interactive entertainment products!
The IT Department of Ubisoft is looking for a Big Data Support Developer in the Global Network Service - Business team. As of the Global Network Service - Business team, the Big Data Support Developer will participate in the support and improvement of data ingestion and management applications or processes to fulfill business partners’ objectives. The team aids in centralization and management of all Ubisoft raw data in near Real-time or Batch, and make that data available for various uses including Data warehousing, analysis by Data Scientists and Data Exploration.
The role of the Support Developer is to ensure stability and improve the existing pipelines and processes.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or any other related field.
Minimum 3 years’ experience as a Scala/Java Developer within a professional IT environment.
• Strong understanding of object-oriented programming (adheres to a solid and reusable object oriented design);
• Excellent Knowledge and experience of programming Java within a Linux environment;
• Git or TFS source control usage;
• Knowledge or interest on Scala is an asset;
• Knowledge or interest on Big data technologies (HDFS, Hive, Impala, Kafka, Spark etc.) is an asset;
• Understanding of web services & APIs (REST, SOAP).
• Fluent in English (French is an asset);
• Strong analytical skills;
• Excellent communication and organization skills;
• Responsible and accountable for his/her actions;
• Problem solving and questioning skills;
• Persevering, autonomous, takes initiative;
• Capacity to multitask and perform on strict deadlines;
• Quality, services and result oriented;
• Easily adaptable to changes and proposals;
The main and routine tasks of this position are to:
• Analyze the data sources and perform data exploration;
• Maintain and improve real-time and batch data ingestion pipeline.
• Shares acquired skills with team members through formal and informal channels;
• Ensures reporting to his/her manager and communicates and escalades warnings;
• Support the good working of developed applications in all environments through interaction with Ops teams and/or set up of continuous integration and deployment tools;
• Identifies and troubleshoots system deficiencies and recommends solutions;
• Increases applications operating efficiency on a regular basis;
• Creates technical documentation, is quality driven in term of deliverables;
• Actively contributes to corporate knowledge base;
• Suggests system improvements and offers alternative solutions to the different problems that may appear;
• Carry out all other related tasks.
We want you to give your best, so we have a bonus system based on performance.
We look forward to your development, so there are various Training and Knowledge Sharing programs to choose from.
We are proud of our games and we would like you to feel the same way: you’ll have access to the internal library, to goodies and games.
We want you to feel great at the office, so there are various utilities in UBISOFT building, such as a fully featured Gym, large Cafeteria, recreation rooms, bike rental service etc.
Since we value health you’ll have access to private medical system, and to the doctor on-site.
And, most of all, we guarantee you’ll enjoy our atmosphere and working environment!