Senior Java or PHP Developer (relocation to DE)
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Brainspotting active
View all jobs Senior Java or PHP Developer (relocation to DE) active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Internet - eCommerce active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Telecommunication active on Hipo.ro
We are the leading technology recruitment and selection consultancy in Romania, working on highly specialized technologies for permanent and interim positions. Since our inception in 2001 as the first specialized IT recruitment agency in Romania we supported over 400 national and global clients in acquiring strategic IT talent for their business.
We are deeply passionate about technology and highly responsible about our work. We understand the pressure of the business and the fact that you need fast and quality results. Therefore we always go for the extra mile to deliver the best IT&C talent for your business, no matter how challenging the project may seem.
• Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or Engineering
• Proven working experience and hands on experience in designing and developing large software solutions
• A proactive person capable to motivate and inspire his colleagues with abilities to solve unfamiliar problems
• Sound knowledge in data structures, algorithms and OOP, including the ability to evaluate complexities of various algorithms (10+ years’ experience)
• Extraordinary abilities to develop software in Java SE / EE, PHP (5+ years’ experience)
• Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases (preferably MySQL), SQL and ORM technologies (especially Propel) (5+ years’ experience)
• Excellent knowledge of CSS, CSS3, HTML, HTML 5, JScript and frameworks (jQuery, Angular.js) (5+ years’ experience)
• Ability to develop software for native mobile applications for Android and/or iOS and/or multiplatform frameworks (Xamarin) (3+ years’ experience)
• Preferably- Experience in developing web applications using web framework Zend 2
• Experience with VCS (Version Control Systems) preferably with Git and github.com
• Good knowledge of Linux based operating systems (especially Ubuntu)
• Good understanding of GIS (geographic information system), Google APIs
• Desirable experience with Amazon Web Services (1+ years’ experience)
• Highly proficient in spoken and written English (German is a plus)
Our client makes supply chains transparent and automates processes. Their unique technology platform enables shipments and inaccessible items to communicate their current status and location without interruptions and in real-time. They help companies monitor, optimize and link their processes with each other.
The purpose of the “Core system development” team is to plan, develop and maintain the Evertracker core system. This is the main tier of Evertracker which supports all the other applications that are part of the Evertracker solution.
The Senior Software Developer is expected to design, develop and maintain core modules, as well as modules for adjacent applications, accordingly to the established software architecture; to lead, form and support the junior software developers, as well as to offer support to other development teams that are using core modules.
The Senior Software Developer is a technical SME (Subject-matter expert) in Evertracker system.
Evertracker being a multi-tier system with various components presents a real architectural challenge. You are going to have to deal with:
• highly efficient back-end services that implement device communication protocols, queue messaging or commands execution protocols, distributed in a multi server environment that work with multi-threading processing, TCP sockets, load balancing
• focus on performance: application profiling for memory and CPU optimization
• building an architecture that will allow more than 100.000 simultaneous device connections on our servers
• writing complex algorithms for data mining on large set of GPS coordinates
• manage the structure of a rapid growing database
• working with push notifications on web or mobile applications
• working with 3rd party APIs like Google APIs, Tele2 APIs, Facebook APIs, Twitter APIs
• deploying the system in the cloud, working with AWS EC2, S3, RDS, Route53, CloudWatch, IAM, etc.
• collecting and presenting distributed logs with the use of ELK logstash
Duties and responsibilities
• Reviews and understands the current Evertracker core system and all the adjacent systems
• Actively participates in the planning of the Evertracker core architecture
• Writes detailed specifications for core modules accordingly to the Evertracker core architecture
• Works closely with analysts, designers, other team members and even customers in order to develop the required features
• Designs and writes clean, efficient, scalable and testable program code for the module as well as for unit tests
• Optimizes previously written code from computing resources perspective (CPU, memory, size, access times)
• Researches and presents new features that can lead to significant system improvements
• Performs code reviews and helps junior software developers to improve their skills
• Tests the product in controlled, real situations before going live
• Integrates the developed modules into the fully functional Evertracker core system
• Creates and installs deployment packages in production
• Maintains the core system once it’s deployed in production
• Maintains the production servers by installation of updates, configurations of software packages
• Offers 2nd level as well as 1st level support directly to customers
• Helps preparing the training manuals for users
• Competitive salary based on your abilities, relative to German market.
• The option to choose your own hardware to work with: laptop, desktop, monitor, etc.
• The option to choose the trainings and courses that may be relevant for your professional development
• Snacks, fresh fruits, Friday beer fridge
• Support in integrating on the German labor market