Junior Backend Developer
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Bigstep active
View all jobs Junior Backend Developer active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Engineering active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Telecommunication active on Hipo.ro
Bigstep was created by passionate big data aficionados. We set out to empower organizations determined to make sense of their data, by providing a full-stack big data ecosystem running in a high performance bare-metal cloud. Offering the most reliable, scalable and extendable cloud-based platform purpose-built for big data is the number one goal of the Bigstep team. We have offices in Chicago, London and Bucharest.
As part of our team, you will be contributing to the shaping of the big data market, working alongside a very experienced team. Our bread and butter are cutting-edge technologies such as Apache Cassandra, Couchbase, Apache Mesos, Apache Spark, Apache Hadoop and we combine them in novel ways to enable data-driven, world-changing ideas.
We spare no effort to encourage a dynamic environment that supports continuous learning and development, so feel free to bring your heart to work.
• Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures;
• Good experience with any 2 programming languages;
• Good understanding of the Linux operating system;
• At least 1 year experience in software development;
• Student or graduate of Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Systems or related field;
• Fluency in both written & spoken English.
• The most important thing: You have to be passionate about programming.
• Build PHP – based applications including creation of application layers, modeling techniques, designing object-oriented components and coding algorithms
• Learn to work with Git
• Use coding to produce understandable instructions.
• Learn how to test code written by you.
• Correct any errors to existing programs to complete desired programs.
• Consult with engineering and technical personnel to clarify program intent, identify problems, and suggest changes.
• Perform revisions, repair, or expansion of existing programs to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements.
Experience to be acquired:
• Real world experience with a wide range of technologies;
• Thorough understanding of object-oriented programming, complex software architecture and application development best practices;
• You will have the opportunity to work with the newest and coolest technologies such as: Cloudera, Datameer, Hadoop, Exasol;
• You will learn to work accurately, and always deliver high quality work;
• Understand database methodologies, design and data structures;
• Advanced programming knowledge.