Gitte Mønsted Hansen - Senior Manager, People Attraction at Systematic - We are a modern company with a Danish foundation and a global mindset
The Systematic Development Center was opened in January 2017 and at the moment has over 120 employees working on projects in the field of education, healthcare and defence.
We talked with Gitte Mønsted Hansen - Senior Manager, People Attraction la Systematic, to find out more about how is like to be part of a Danish company.
Please tell us a bit about yourself as an HR professional.
What are the aspects that define your company’s organizational culture?
Another important aspect of this value, trust, is that it enables us to challenge each other. We are all top professionals in our fields and we have great business acumen, therefore, when w look at the problem at hand, we often have different perspectives we see it from and we can challenge each other’s perspectives and allowing us to see the problem from different angles.
What are the elements that set you apart from other companies in the same industry? (e.g.: internal activities, events, used technologies etc.)?
We are a modern company with a Danish foundation and a global mindset. We want everyone that is part of the company across the world to meet us in Aarhus, at the headquarter, and to experience how it’s like to be part of Systematic. We want everyone to know they are part of something bigger. A huge organization is behind them, supporting them to succeed, while also finding their professional path/career path.
The onboarding is taking place in Denmark where, during 1 week, you have the chance to meet Michael Holm, Systematic’s CEO, who will greet all new employees and ask about their role in the company. Together with him, the VPs for each business unit, participate during different onboarding sessions. They are part of the business and you can hear their vision, strategy, and their tactical plans for the upcoming year. Furthermore, we also make sure that you are thoroughly introduced to all the cultural differences that we are meeting in Systematic. We have offices around the world and we need to respect each other and be culturally aware.
Another reason for inviting all new employees to the headquarter for onboarding is to get a feeling of the organizational culture. We strive to have physical onboarding in Denmark but unfortunately, due to the pandemic, we had to adapt to the digital environment. But when we will be able to travel again we will gather all the new employees for a networking session.
Teambuilding activities are also an important aspect of our culture. Together with the team, we are creating results. As you see, we are a team-oriented culture and we believe that the most important journey is to have team cohesion. This also touches upon trust –one cannot go without the other. I trust my team and by showing that “ I can give you my heart” I trust that you can handle it. That inspires the group to be loyal, honest, and open.
How do you determine if a candidate fits your company’s culture? What are you looking at?
We are interested in your profile as it leads to a discussion about your values and personality and in this dialogue, it becomes clear for all of us involved in the process (the hiring manager, you as a candidate, and us as recruiters) if Systematic is a place where you will thrive.
During the interview we are making sure that you have business acumen, you are team-oriented and you care about more than your current task. We are looking for someone who is both team and process-oriented. Another aspect we are looking for is how you are as a person, how motivated you are to be part of a company that makes a difference.
What are the main steps of the recruitment process and what tools do you usually use (e.g.: technical demo, numerical and logical tests)?
A second stage is a technical interview where we dive deep into your technical skills and match them with our needs and finally, a ‘grandfather’ interview, where the ‘grandfather’ of the position ensures that you not only fit the specific project, but also fit Systematic across projects. The “grandfather” representative is determined by an approval matrix based on seniority.
What advice would you offer to a candidate in order to better prepare for the recruitment process?
- Why do you think Systematic could be your next employer – do our culture and values fit yours?
- What motivates you in your everyday work situation and finally,
- Be honest and trust us, when we say that we strive to make this recruitment a win-win situation. We want to make you successful within our team and for us to achieve this, we need you to be honest, and open in the dialogue.
What could be the career path of one of your employees in your company?
In Systematic we believe that ongoing professional development is crucial for the well-being of our employees. Our approach to development is based on ensuring life-long learning for the benefit of both employees and the company.
How do you help employees learn and evolve in their career?
We offer a range of different activities to help implement all this, from formal classroom teaching and mentoring to knowledge networks and on-the-job training.
How can an employee achieve performance in your company?
This calls for me to:
- Be a good teammate and help you, when needed, knowing that you would also help me
- be pro-active ensuring that I understand what you ask of me
- seek clear alignments to avoid misunderstandings and that things are trapped between rays
- constructively give and receive feedback, ensure that feedback is a gift given to developing each other.
What are some of the most special benefits or internal initiatives that employees can enjoy?
What are your future plans regarding recruitment (roles available, number of positions...etc) and your employees?
See all the available positions at Systematic here
Alte articole din aceasta sectiune:
- Tu ce vrei să te faci când o să fii mare? – Prolog pentru tinerii la început de drum
- Logiscool isi deschide portile pentru copii si adolescenti
- De ce sa alegi un loc de munca cu sistem de lucru hibrid?
- Internship 2021 in cadrul Consiliului Uniunii Europene
- Inscrie-te la webinarul Skills of the future - How to apply for a graduate program sustinut de Prysmian Group
- OPERATOR TELESALES – servicii financiare (recuperare si rambursari taxe) ABC Human Capital
- DBA Expert Vodafone Shared Services Romania
- German Content Labeling Specialist in krakow DK Global Recruitment
- Incident Response Specialist Vodafone Shared Services Romania
- HR Trainee- Admin Team Michelin Romania