DevOps Engineer - M/F
Never heard of MindGeek?
MindGeek is a company specializing in the development and marketing of highly trafficked web properties; a leader in its activity. But that’s only what we do, not who we are. So who are we? The best way to describe us would be nothing less than awesome! An overstatement? We don’t think so. And neither will you if you come work with us!
Requirements and qualifications of the position:
- Comfortable configuring and supporting Linux based servers and applications.
- Understanding of key upper-layer protocols used in the Internet.
- Good communication skills and capacity/willingness to work in a multi-teams environment.
- Basic experience in developing, troubleshooting and debugging applications.
- Be resourceful, inventive and passionate about Internet technologies.
- Be willing to automate yourself out of a job.
Required Technical Skills:
- Experience working as DevOps, Developer or Systems Administrator working with Linux environments.
- Understanding of Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery models and best practices.
- Not afraid of the Command Line, Bash scripting and configuring applications such as Apache, Nginx, MySQL, etc.
- Comfortable with virtualization technologies such as Docker, VMs, function as a service, etc.
- Basic understanding of networking and infrastructure setup in a web hosting/delivery environment.
- Experience with Bamboo, Jenkins, Teamcity a definite plus.
- Understanding of scalability patterns applied to infrastructure architecture a plus
- Experience with search engine and NoSQL databases such as ElasticSearch an asset.
- Familiarity with configuration management and/or orchestration tools an asset.
- Knowledge of monitoring processes and tools an asset.
- Familiarity with Content Delivery Networks an asset.
As a DevOps Engineer within MindGeek DevOps department, you will be responsible for improving and developing multiple systems to better use our development and production infrastructure used by several departments.
As one of your objectives, you will have to support and develop continuous delivery and integration applications used by multi-disciplinary development teams using diverse technologies. You will also have to implement automation systems and workflows to monitor and facilitate the utilization of our production infrastructures (on premises and in the cloud). You can consider yourself a potential fit if you have sysadmin and/or development skills, willing to learn, and willing to automate the planet.
Leveraging the best of breed technologies, you will have a direct impact on the company’s ability to service millions of customers on a daily basis. You will participate on joint initiatives with multiple departments in maintaining and improving MindGeek production Infrastructure.
Benefits we’re offering you:
- Motivating salary aligned with your skills and experience
- Annual bonuses
- Support for obtaining certifications
- Annual training budget
- Private health insurance
- Meal tickets
- Team building events
- Relaxation room
Don’t be shy, apply. But only if you’re up for the challenge of a lifetime!