Amazon.com operates in a virtual, global eCommerce environment without boundaries, and operates a diverse set of businesses in seven countries, including Retail, third party marketplaces, eCommerce platforms, web services for developers.
We are looking for talented Business Analyst for our Compliance Operations team in Iasi. The role will support our rapidly growing and evolving businesses. You will be responsible for building and operating Analytics Systems and tools that will support our compliance operations. You will work directly with Operations teams, Program teams and a variety of global internal businesses drive data gathering and data analysis projects.
Also, you will be responsible for monitoring key success metrics, identifying business metrics that assess risk and challenges, collaboratively shape solutions with the product compliance team. You need to be an effective user of Amazon business intelligence tools, and data warehouses to help analyze compliance performance across segments. You will be expected to quickly become a subject matter expert of Amazon data structures and data flows, and help business leaders improve business processes, make better decisions, and generate value.
- Understand the vision, direction and culture of all Product Compliance operations;
- Understand requirements from the management and product compliance teams and map them with data sources / data warehouse;
- Execute high priority (i.e. cross functional, high impact) projects to improve operations performance with the help of Operations Analytics managers;
- Responsible to plan resourcing, analyze and report daily, weekly and monthly metrics; identify trends and opportunities to reduce costs and improve processes;
- Define reporting requirements and compliance related dashboards to enable an integrated approach covering all compliance topics. Build a compliance reporting framework to help management understand challenges and risks faced around compliance;
- Retrieve and analyze data using SQL, Excel, Access and other data management systems;
- Drive the development of quantitative models necessary for evaluation and implementation for resource and cost reduction, as well as process improvement;
- Monitor existing metrics and partnering with internal teams to identify process and system improvement opportunities;
- Design and implement reporting solutions that enable stakeholders to manage the business and make effective decisions.
- Prior experience in design and execution of analytical projects; experience with large scale data bases and data warehouses and SQL in a business environment;
- Detail-oriented person that must have an aptitude for solving unstructured problems. The role will require the ability to extract data from various sources & to design/construct/execute complex analyses to finally come up with data/reports that help solve the business problem;
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills (including proficiency with tools such as Excel and Access) and an ability to use data to back up assumptions and develop business cases;
- Decision making/ complex problem solving- proactively gathers the right data from appropriate sources, probes/considers all of the facts, considers other perspectives; conducts root cause analysis; refers to long term plans and goals; prioritizes key factors; acts decisively, promptly and confidently; complex analysis;
- Ability to apply analytical, computer, statistical and quantitative problem solving skills is required;
- Proficiency with quantitative analysis, and databases;
- Strong oral, written and presentation skills in English, combined with the ability to lead group discussions and explaining complex solutions.
- Prior experience working in e-commerce / retail / supply chain / financial services business;
- Master’s Degree in any quantitative discipline such as Statistics, Mathematics, Quantitative Finance or Operational Research from premier institute
- Knowledge of Tableau reporting systems
- Technical Expertise - in-depth knowledge of planning and analysis tools; solution driven approach to system and process.