Junior Finance Officer
Careers with British Council Romania
Be part of a dynamic, international organisation dedicated to making a positive impact on people’s lives.
The British Council is a unique organisation to work for. We have a commitment to integrity, creativity, mutuality, valuing people and professionalism. We encourage our staff to pursue personal and professional development via training, on-the-job-coaching and individual study.
Essential skills and competencies:
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and spoken);
• Relevant experience in Finance or other (related) Business support functions is a must
• Very good prioritisation skills: experienced in juggling multiple projects at the same time and keep them moving forward.
• Analytical and detail oriented, experienced in working with numbers and reports
• Ability to efficiently perform repetitive tasks.
Very good command of the Microsoft Office package
English language skills: B2/C1 level
• Administration of teaching-related contracts (suppliers and staff collaborators) and liaises with procurement officer for new contracts, for updating contracts and for tendering for teaching activity
• Processing all payments related to Teaching Centre suppliers and staff collaborators
• Income reconciliations for Teaching Centre in Bucharest and Iasi
• Monthly checks are performed as per FCCF and TC financial guidelines
• Payroll information is collected and provided to the HR in timely and efficient manner
• Cash flow predictions are provided monthly to the Finance officer
• Carry out daily financial duties (SAP/Citidirect payments, OS1 role)
• Provide financial reports as requested by TOM/DELS
Location - Bucharest
Salary - 4375 RON gross/month
Duration - 2 years
Working hours - Full time
Closing date - Sunday 28 January 2018
• Private medical insurance;
• Professional development opportunities;
• Positive and enthusiastic team;
• Multicultural working environment.
If you believe you are qualified for this role and you are interested in applying, you can do so on our website
Do not apply directly with your CV/cover letter. Applications that do not follow the correct procedure will not be taken into account.
Deadline for applications: Sunday 28 January 2018 (23:59 UK time). We will not be considering applications received after this date
Please check our website for full details on how to apply.