SOFTWARE TEST ENGINEER with LINUX
Together. Safer. Everywhere
Whenever critical decisions need to be made, Thales has a role to play. In all the markets we serve – defence, security, space, aerospace and ground transportation.
World-class technologies and the combined expertise of 61,000 employees in 56 locally based country operations make Thales a key player in assuring the security of citizens, infrastructure and nations.
Follow Thales on http://www.thalesgroup.com/live/
Thales Systems Romania, operational since 2007, plays a strategic part in the Group’s Transportation Business by offering a wide range of railways signalling solutions and integrated transportation systems.
Why joining our company in Romania:
Because we do great things together
Because we count for the real world
Because we are good in what we do and share our experience with you
Because we enjoy interesting experiences together
Because we have a multicultural working environment (Austria, Germany, France)
Because we are secure and stable for you, as well as for the world
Because we have a nice benefit package to offer
Come and see for yourself!
Requested technical competence:
• Experience with software testing of complex software systems
• Experience with Linux configuration
• Knowledge of scripting languages (Bash, Expect/TCL, etc)
• C programming (POSIX) (good understanding of existing code)
• Basic networking knowledge (ip, routing)
• Knowledge of OSI/TCP stack / protocol structure/behavior
• GNU Toolchain (gcc, make, gcov)
The following would be considered significant assets:
• Experience using SVN, ClearCase or make
• Experience using ClearQuest
• Experience using Doors&Reqtify
• C++ programming (good understanding of existing code)
Test of complex and safety-critical application software which allow trains to securely run to their destination, including the testing of safe communication protocol between these critical applications.
Our application engineering team is seeking a smart and passionate software tester with good understanding of software architecture and design as well as solid knowledge of Linux scripting and communication protocols.
As part of our team, your responsibilities will include:
• Creation of specification test cases on requirements basis
• Automation of test cases
• Support of test environment, tools and simulation
• Evaluation of the test output (coverage, traceability, progress)
• Development of test documentation
• Regular reporting
Challenging projects with state of the art technology, professional development in multinational environment, training opportunities, attractive salary, 24 paid vacation days, medical care, restaurant tickets, sports programs, etc.