Software R&D Development Leader
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Micro Focus active
View all jobs Software R&D Development Leader active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
At Micro Focus we provide our customers with a best-in-class portfolio of enterprise-grade scalable software with analytics built in. We put customers at the center of our innovation and build high quality products that our teams can be proud of.
Through our breadth of solutions, we are uniquely positioned to help our customers solve business problems and deliver against the needs and opportunities of Hybrid IT, from mainframe to mobile to cloud. We’re a pure-play software company –we have a level of focus that other technology companies don’t have, we are designed from the ground up to build, sell and support software.
We also have the strong operational foundation, proven over a combined 40 years of experience, to deliver on our commitments to our customers. Our scale is global—we have the reach and the capabilities to support customers in a global market. We are the 7th largest software company in the world, and the largest technology company listed on the FTSE. With 4,000 employees working on R&D, we can focus on innovating in solving the most complex technology problems for customers.
Software R&D Team Leader in Performance Engineering Core R&D, responsible for leading significant part of product’s development and maintenance.
- Conducting and coordinating software development and maintenance activities of large scale enterprise product, focusing on multiple communication protocols and technologies
- Building and leading a team of 5-10 software engineers
- Coaching, training and developing the people in the team
- Providing in depth technical knowledge and guidance to the team, according to identified needs
- Fostering product innovation
- Facilitating cooperation with local and remote multi-geo R&D and non-R&D teams, while keeping high visibility and effective communication
- Performing effective and detailed project planning, identifying risks and building mitigation plan
- Designing and developing functional and/or technical capabilities within the products, while making ongoing design decisions
- Taking full ownership on various product areas, while providing outstanding customer support
- Setting high execution standards, while adhering to project goals and insuring high quality
- Bachelor of Computer Science / Computer Engineering
- Minimum 5 years of overall experience as part of meaningful software development lifecycle
- Significant experience leading software R&D team within global organization(s)
- Strong leadership skills. Ability to motivate and develop people
- Excellent English communication capabilities (verbal and writing)
- Highly organized, excellent quality and timely deliveries discipline
- Independent and flexible to changes
- Strong background in C++. Significant exposure to other technologies
- Strong application architecture understanding, awareness, and proven practice
- Ability and will to influence – setting an agenda and striving to reach it. Results orientation
- Customer orientation
- Strong team player